All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Hey,

How do you install a gprs navigator to a car with no cigerette lighter?

Thanks

Luke
LOL funny you should mention that, i had a job interview last week and didnt have a clue where i was going, so i thought yes id take my dads sat nav! got in my car and realised i didnt have a cigarette lighter...f*ck lol was lucky that it had enough juice left in it to get me there and back.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Sure you could get one form a scrap yard and wire that up quite easily, shouldnt be too hard really

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
I would of thought it would just mean getting a lighter then just connecting it up to the battery, in simple terms.

·
Registered
122 Posts
You don't even need the lighter, just the socket would do.

Get one from a scrap yard, you can pull one out of any car, they are pretty much all the same.

Are you sure you haven't got one already fitted? They are hidden inside the ashtray in the B.

J.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Are you sure you haven't got one already fitted? They are hidden inside the ashtray in the B.

J.
Not all the corsa b's came with ciggy lighters. Alot of the breeze models didn't.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Yea was just using a breeze as an example. But yea lodgey is right - get one from a corsa that does have one and then wire it to battery. Not electrically minded myself so not sure how you do it but i know it can be done

·
Registered
122 Posts
Mine's a merit. I pull down the ashtray and there is a blank circle where the lighter should be. Surley i could install one in there
Definitely. You may even find the wiring already there for you behind the panel. Either pop off the blank, if it is a cap, or bore out the plastic.

J.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Go to your local halfords buy a InHome Mains Charger, Charge it up at home wait till its fully charge, then it holds it charge for 6hours, so they no need messing about getting your cigarette lighter sorted only thing that does it just keeps it on charge while your going along...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts