All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here we go, my new car. Finally found one in the spec that I wanted and so, here it is!

It's a Corsa C 1.7 DTi SXi 5 door

Haven't got many pictures so far but will most likely upload more later on in the week.

The car is in pretty good condition mechanically, no real problems there. Just needs the passenger side rear door to be fixed (doesn't remote lock with key, have to manually lock it).

The exterior has no dents but has lots of little scratches but I will be sorting this soon, got some paste for it.

Interior is umm.. Quite dirty. Didn't have a CD player but I'm getting one for it soon anyway. The passenger side door handle had broken off but is fixed back on now.

Short term interior plans:
Clean upholstery
Check rear seat lower bench as insecure (mot advisory)
Sort door handle out
Date screen bulb out
Door lock not locking
Sort out keys

Short term exterior plans
Scuttle panel cracked
Polish and remove scratches
Astra SRi Alloys
Different backbox
Front wheel arch coming off a little
Side skirt coming off a little too

Long term plans:
Sony CD player
Boot lock
Angel eye Headlights
Exhaust
Decat
Coilovers?
Facelift front bumper
Rear facelift bumper
Corsa c exclusiv side skirts

I know it's a dirty diesel but I'll be doing quite a lot of long driving and need the economy :)

Thanks for looking and thoughts welcome!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah my thought too, engine wise anyway. Gotta clean the interior the previous owner neglected it a bit visually but mechanically it's all sound:) just over 153k though.. But it's an Isuzu engine so it's bomb proof

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE:

Managed to get my hands on the Astra SRi alloys that I wanted, here is a pic:

Paid nearly nothing for them, should be fitting them when home from work tonight.

Just gotta check one of the tyres as it has a piece of rubber that has come off (I presume while kerbing)

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alloys fitted, look absolutely lovely on the car. Will upload pics tomorrow when the weather is better.

Exhaust ordered, hopefully fitting Saturday. Can't seem to get the current backbox off though proving to be a right shit to get off.

In the near future I will be getting a decat and full stainless exhaust system. Then later on in the summer, depending on funds, I'm looking to getting a torquetronix remap. I've heard they can get up too 110bhp out of these with no mods so should be able to get a few extra with the exhaust system.

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
Another mod that would work well would be an upgraded intercooler and foam panel filter. It'll mean the fuel pressure can be turned up more before it starts to over fuel and become smokey. It'll keep the engine tempretures nice and safe as well.
It means if it's a nice custom remap, then there's potential for more power as well.

You'll not gain much bhp with the exhaust normally, in terms of peak power but it'll have more power in certain areas and less turbo lag as well as cooler running

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah in the future I was thinking of a subtle FMIC, nothing massive like Vegas's just hidden under the front bumper. Seem a couple of kits on the Internet but they are all for the CDTi so not sure if they can be adapted for the DTi?

Yeah I just wanted a deeper tune to the exhaust, the one I've bought doesn't have a backbox so should be alright but I won't notice anything until I decat and cut out the centre silencer

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
If you don't mind changing the pipework, you can more or less fit any intercooler you want. Bigger the intercooler, then cooler the air but also more lag. Corsa VXR standard intercooler is a good size but you'd need to check how the standard one sits and try and imagine how ones that you fancy would look. Just to make sure changing the pipes isn't an issue.

If the exhaust you have bought doesn't have a backbox and you remove the centre silencer and do a decat it'll sound similar to mines just now.

Its a bit too raspy and tractorish with no silencers if i'm honest

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ah I see, will have to have a look into this. Yeah was thinking of doing that too, just can't find a decat pipe anywhere for it. If I did decat it, would it be an MOT failure? Not sure if I want to keep putting it on and taking it off :/

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ah I see, fair enough. I'll have a look into the remap I want and see what other people get, should be okay because their stage 1 remap 'works within the manufacturers guidelines for engine lifetime' or something along those lines

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here are some pictures of the alloys as promised:

Front alloy in the second picture is the only one with kurbing and the other front has some bubble on it. Will be repairing one day soon, just couldn't wait to put them on my car :p

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Right, researching into the remap.

Emailed the Facebook page for torquetronix and got a quote on my car. £200+VAT so £240 all in for a 35hp increase. Which will bring it up to the 110hp that I was hoping to achieve.

Not a bad price really? Seen other places which will get it to 97bhp but they cost from £299 so this is cheaper but provides much better figures! Will start saving the pennies for the summer :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Slight update

Car threw two fault codes at me yesterday and today.

P0370 something to do with the camshaft sensor but this turns off when the engine us running so don't think it is anything bad

P0704 Clutch Switch Input Circuit High Input C-16 - now this is a co fusing one, something to do with the clutch switch? Apparently that's to do with cruise control but I'm pretty sure my car does not have that so a little confused about it and this comes on after driving on a main road or at higher than 40mph speeds and doesn't go off until I turn the engine off and back on again. Don't think it is anything bad but will try to get it sorted soon as just feel weary about it on my dials.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts