All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,
my car usually tops out at 94mph since i got it in june of this year.
Recently its has been mysteriously crossing 94mph and climbing all the way to 108mph,which i am very proud of. However, this is not consistant unfortunitly. It does not matter if it is a hot day or a cool night it just happens sometimes. Does anyone know about this short term increase in performance.
All suggestions welcome.

the edge

·
Registered
801 Posts
You were going down a hill? Nah just kidding.

Maybe it was the wind?

Don't laugh now - It can play a big part sometimes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the wind can play a big part but its not the wind, this morning on my way to work it happend again this time 111mph in 4th gear then the rev limiter kicked in .

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Maybe with your car being new it's still running in?

·
Registered
389 Posts
what engine is your car i have a 1.2 8v and its touched 105 so give or take a few mph for speedo deffonatly 95 mind you took about 3 mile to do it on flat ground.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
my 1.2 8v will justs sit at about 104 but just doesnt have to ooomph behind it to get to the redline lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
the engine is a 1.4 8v fitted with the injector from the 1.6, also i installed a short ram intake pipe designed for a 1997 honda civic with an aerospeed cone type filter. yes it was totally flat road and 1 an a half mile.

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
i hope all of this was taking place on private roads, wouldn't want to be talking about illegal activities on here now would we :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
oh..erm....yes of course it was, wouldnt dream of doin it anywhere else

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes this was done on an old air field runway that the racing association in my country use for all motor racing activities. its about 5 mins drive from were i live.anyone can go test their cars there on the weekend or if you know the guards like me, during the week.

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
the wind can play a big part but its not the wind, this morning on my way to work it happend again this time 111mph in 4th gear then the rev limiter kicked in .
yeah sounds like it too ;) at least make it believable if you're going to lie to me :laugh:

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
haha you've owned him there!

·
Registered
393 Posts
this is not a new car, ITS A 1998 MODEL.
Please comment DEATHSCYTHE no offence will be taken lol.
alright then, seeing as somebody is interested.
120mph @ 5200rpm on the clock on a flat stretch of motorway, this was after i'd given the engine a while to settle in after my vvlt head mod. and before people start saying 'speedo-error' my speedo has been proven to under-read because of the strange wheel/tyre size.

·
Registered
497 Posts
If that's true that's a hell of an achievement for a 1.2! I'd be surprised if my car would do that, only ever got to 115mph (shown on the speedo) and I've got 16's. Is that the standard 1.2 gearbox you're using or are you using a different one?

·
Registered
393 Posts
standard gearbox, with 75/90 axle oil in it instead of the ATF fluid that vauxhall put in it from standard and was never changed (hmmm....).
thats the only time its ever gone over 70mph anyway, like to keep the speeds i do reasonable, worked too hard for my licence to throw it away by driving like a taxi everywhere, much to the annoyance of folks behind me while i do 30mph at the most past a school. i'd rather not kill somebody's kid.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts