All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, after a long time with no car I've finally bought a car.

I bought is with 77K, full service history (with MOTs), 1 full years MOT. No tax :(

****** UPDATED WITH PLANS ******

So, my short term plans are:

- Fix indicator (replacement ordered)
- Fix ABS issue (awaiting garage time)
- Fix Rear screen washer pipe leak in passenger footwell
- Solid shifter/Nylon bushes to remove gear stick play
- Change HT Leads and Plugs
- Replace air box with large K&N filter for noise.
- Replace Cabin Filter
- Replace Fuel Filter
- Replace Oil Filter
- Drain and Replace oil (also been told to drop the sump and check the pickup for blockages)
- Check/Replace coolant
- Spray grill and front emblem matte back
- Debadge rear (Matte Black Audi emblem)
- Pressed Plates
- Light smoke rear lights
- Replace Head Unit
- Fix passenger door speaker (May replace both fronts)
- Give it a bloody good clean!!!

Long term plans, these are more ideas I would like to achieve but not set on:
- 18" Alloys
- Either S shocks and lowering springs or coil overs to suit wheels
- Black angel eye/Depo-Style headlights
- Rear bumper respray
- Fully under seal
- Rear 5 Windows tint, dark smoke (Factory look)
- Fading dark smoke sun strip
- Recaro/RS4 front semi-bucket seats
- Update centre console with digital (needs lots of research!)
- Exhaust, Turbo back 2.25/2.5" straight pipe with back box for noise!
- FMIC, completely unsure on these, seen kits and they look mean!
- Cool running thermostat (on if FMIC fitted, to keep rad temps lower)
- Remap after breathing mods
- 2x 15" Subs, unsure which yet. In a ported box. This will be kinda budget but ill be focusing on the box itself more than the hardware.

** Will update as/when progress is made **

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
Very nice. I prefer the TDI's myself due to how well they respond to tuning, but for one at the mileage yours is on is a small fortune.

The 1.8 turbo is still practical car that'll be comfortable, quick as standard and respond well to tuning if you go down that route, i'd just grudge the fuel because i'm a tight arse.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Not a fan :(

Yre way too young to own a car like this

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice. I prefer the TDI's myself due to how well they respond to tuning, but for one at the mileage yours is on is a small fortune.

The 1.8 turbo is still practical car that'll be comfortable, quick as standard and respond well to tuning if you go down that route, i'd just grudge the fuel because i'm a tight arse.
I like the TDIs but as you say they are do good that they cost a lot, like you say.

Yeah theres plenty of potential, I will update this with a list of bits I would like to do in the near/far future. Being on my phone is a PITA.

·
8,351 Posts
needs more bentley rims.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Personally I prefer the look of the estates, not sure why. Also insurance is cheaper on the estate over the saloon. Also, generally the saloons are more expensive. This came up at a price I was happy with, so snapped it up.

I've seen the alloys I would like, not looking forward to the price of 18" tyres! Anyway ill update the first post a bit later with my plans :)

So far I've really enjoyed driving it, the effortlessness of pulling away compared to my previous cars. In the mini I would have to wring its neck when on an uphill slip road to get up to speed, with this I barely touch 3K RPM in each gear and it up to speed in half the distance. Heard the first bit of turbo whistle earlier, it's addictive! Had a little play with an Astra (same engine as the vectra i was looking at) and it was level pegging, he defiantly had the upper hand in the lower revs!

The handling is very boat like, so ill be looking into either the S shocks and lowering springs or budget coil overs just for the lows.

Anyway, thanks for the interest guys!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD,

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
slammed, smoothed and stick S3 wheels on it
Not keen on the S3 wheels, their too common and I don't think they look that nice. I really like the 18" Merc AMG alloys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
*** First post updated with plans ***

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
Plans sound good.

What's the ABS fault?

First mod for me would be the exhaust system for sure. I'd have a resonated centre pipe though to keep it a bit more subtle sounds wise. You'll get a cooler running engine, especially if a decat and a bit less turbo lag and better pull on boost.
Sounds awesome as well.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Plans sound good.

What's the ABS fault?

First mod for me would be the exhaust system for sure. I'd have a resonated centre pipe though to keep it a bit more subtle sounds wise. You'll get a cooler running engine, especially if a decat and a bit less turbo lag and better pull on boost.
Sounds awesome as well.
Not completely sure but my mechanic thinks its either ABS rings or the sensor itself as when the ABS light is OFF everything I brake there's a knocking, as the ABS thinks the wheels are locking. After a little while the ECU plays catch up and realised something isn't right. It switches off the ABS and all is well. Either way I'm not too fused as it does affect daily driving.

It won't be my first as there are a few other bits I want to get sorted, but its definitely up there! There are great reviews about just decating alone. I like noise, so it will be just a big pipe to the back box :) if i get sick of it ill have a resonator box put back in. Yeah I took the engine cover off and saw what looks like the cat right behind the turbo!? It's huge as well! No wonder is so restrictive!

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
Do it like the players audi. that is all. lol not to keen on this for once i agree with mark, your not grey and you shouldnt be sensible lol, too young for a car like this!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As some of you may have seen on Facebook, I came across a problem last night.

Didnt like idling for a while, No power steering, Battery Light on and the 1/2 mile home it got very very warm!

Serpentine belt snapped, because it's so close to the radiator and fan assembly I can see it being a pain to do.

I think I'll be taking it to a mates workshop and spending a couple of days getting it sorted along with a few other problems.

Ah well, the joys of owning older cars!

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
:palm: should have got jap lol

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Maybe, I'll stick it out for now.

In other news it's booked in at a garage 2 mins from me. Just got to get it there. Should be a interesting drive.

£50 supplied and fitted so not all bad.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dropped it off this morning. £46 all in at a motor factors, as they do minor repairs.

Gotta say even driving 1/4 mile as it is makes appreciate power steering!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bad news once again,

Had a phone call to say that not only had the belt snapped but the tension is knackered and the water pump need replacing. They have quoted £250.

Ive got a mate in bedford pricing up the same job plus a few extras.

Looking online I can do it all for around £200 including timing belt and service.

Unsure what I'm gonna do yet.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts