All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had this car a week and a half now, Corsas MOT was due and didnt have a chance in hell of passing without a fair bit of work. As luck would have it my Tax rebate showed up just in time and the search began for another car. Ive wanted an mx5 since my dad let me drive his on a trackday earlier in the year:thumbs_up: had a lot of fun out on the circuit and had the back end out a few times when overdoing it through the corners (not to mention the occasional spin :palm:.) :laugh:

i found this advertised on ebay its a 1992 uk model and has 123k miles on it, extensive service history and receipts including mot history. all for £995 with 12 months MOT

so far all ive done with it is give it an oil and coolant change.
there are gearbox oil, diff oil and spark plugs on the way

plans are to keep it fairly standard but stiffen up the suspension and improve the already impressive handling,

piccie time :thumbs_up:

The bad bit

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Is that why you got one with no roof?

Nice to see you back anyway.

Reactions: corsab2000

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Nice cars these. The 1.6 is a bit underpowered though, Id have had the 1.8 myself.
Looks in good condition for the age.
Something to bear in mind that a mate of mine found out the hard way - there's 3 different shades of that colour all with the same pair code for some reason, so if you need paint, make sure you can check it against a colour chart.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice cars these. The 1.6 is a bit underpowered though, Id have had the 1.8 myself.
Looks in good condition for the age.
Something to bear in mind that a mate of mine found out the hard way - there's 3 different shades of that colour all with the same pair code for some reason, so if you need paint, make sure you can check it against a colour chart.
agreed the 1.6 is a little underpowered but the timing can be advance from 10 degrees before tdc to 14-16. ive done this and it is a bit revvier still not fast but more livley, thanks for the heads up about the paint code, ill be getting the sill repaired proffesionally at some point its a cut and weld job so nothing i can do.
cool car aslong as you got it for drifting an other reason is gay lol btw you still got a op-com mate?
lol the back end has been out (unitentionally, wet roundabout :laugh: ) so yeah it drifts :D and no sorry mate i havent got it any more got rid of my computer which had the software on and havent got round to getting a new laptop yet, meant to message you back on facebook but just had a lot on and tottaly forgot:palm:

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rough plans for the "5"

-Replace standard suspension for coilovers/sports shock and springs
-3 point front chassis brace
-Replace suspension bushes with genuine mazda replacements
-Foamectomy on drivers seat so i sit a little lower in the car
-Import square style rear number plate surround
-Stainless steel cat-back exhaust system
-Stainless steel brakelines
-Under radio cubby hole
-Cold air feed and induction kit
-Silicone hoses
-Clean engine bay
-4 wheel laser alighnment
-Powdercoat rocker cover
-Standard mazda steering wheel to replace aftermarket racing wheel
-Finish servicing - Spark plugs, ht leads gearbox and diff oil
-Sill repair
-Fresh discs and pads all round
-Tyres, Yoko Paradas?

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
This picture looks as if the car has just seen the size of the fat bird who is about to get in the car

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Im joking of course. To be honest, I am quite jealous of the car.

My opinions:
Dont like the rear brake light that much
Steering wheel is horrid and looks like the pedals have been replaced at some point?
Headunit looks out of place - I would look for a standard replacement.
Would buy some new plates for it, and change the tyres or at least put some tyre shine on them
The rest of the bodywork looks top notch and looked after.
The hood dont seem to have any damage to it, but there is something that would be slightly disturbing to me, and that is that the car has been slightly modified so not sure if things have been done to a high standard or just messed about with by some young kid on his mums insurance....

All in all, top set of wheels mate :thumbs_up:

Reactions: corsab2000

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Im joking of course. To be honest, I am quite jealous of the car.

My opinions:
Dont like the rear brake light that much
Middle of rear bumper? if so its a fog light and has to be fitted by law
Steering wheel is horrid and looks like the pedals have been replaced at some point?
steering wheel will be replaced as soon as a standard mazda one comes up, some special editions were fitted with Nardi or Momo steering wheels as standard from the factory so might look out for 1 of those
Headunit looks out of place - I would look for a standard replacement.
There a genuine mazda cubby hole that can be bought to go under it to tidy it up, not a fan of the original
Would buy some new plates for it, and change the tyres or at least put some tyre shine on them
New tyres are being looked at, and new plates are on the list
The rest of the bodywork looks top notch and looked after.
Theres a few dings here and there but all in all a tidy car
The hood dont seem to have any damage to it, but there is something that would be slightly disturbing to me, and that is that the car has been slightly modified so not sure if things have been done to a high standard or just messed about with by some young kid on his mums insurance....
Hood was replaced in 2008 they do wear easily if not looked after properly, this is nothing to be alarmed about, also you say about young kids modifing, if you look on the mx5 owners club website forum www.mx5oc.co.uk. most of the cars that are modified on there are old boys(40's, 50's and on) just having fun with their car (midlife crisis if you like lol) but done to a high standard, so dont be too worried about mods if you do decide to buy 1:thumbs_up:, obviously if it looks dodgy dont buy

All in all, top set of wheels mate :thumbs_up:
Cheers im happy with it:D

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
Welcome to the hairdresser club!

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
serious head: checked it for rust?

fun head: nice buy, slightly jealous. :)

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 21 Posts