All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so as people who read my rather short corsa project thread know, the corsa is practically dead, and need a car for work, so on saturday went round looking for a car, found this peugeot 106 for sale for an ok price, came with a full years tax, mot and was recently serviced.

only photo's i have at the min:

yes i realise the bonnet is slightly open, took the pictures before having a check under the bonnet.

handling, comfort, acceleration etc etc are all such an improvement over the corsa, definately glad i got this tbh.

plans are:
- wire in the 6x9's
- sort out the paintwork scrapes/scuffs
- spray the plastics and front badge gloss black
- colour code mirrors
- alloys of some sort
- upgrade the brakes
- lower it 40 or 60mm
- shorter aerial
- wind deflectors
- light tint rear windows and lights
- possibly de-wiper
- foglights
- exhaust
- spoiler
- carbon wrap a few interior parts
- 4-2-1 mani
- fix indicator stalk so can use full beam
- brighter front lights
- cone air filter
possibly more...

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i know what you mean, and i will probably end up getting a gti kit, just got other, cheaper mods to do first lol. will eventually be lowered, but not going too low because of speedbumbs in the area. tbh i have a lot of ideas on things i can/want to do, but not gunna rush things just yet, other than painting the plastics.

and thanks, hoping this one lasts me a few years tbh.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
yeah its a big improvement compared to my old corsa lol. definately up for learning more and doing it myself with this car though
you will have plenty of learning to do with these cars haha, i once had to change my power steering pump in a car park in middle of town on a saturday night around 2am haha :palm:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
French car friend!

Not a bad little runner. Get a VTR inlet, TB etc as they bolt straight on. 4-2-1s do these little engines wonders as well :)

Lowering the rear can be a pain in the arse!

VTS or TD 1.2s look awesome once lowered :)

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
French car friend!

Not a bad little runner. Get a VTR inlet, TB etc as they bolt straight on. 4-2-1s do these little engines wonders as well :)

Lowering the rear can be a pain in the arse!

VTS or TD 1.2s look awesome once lowered :)
Ooo friend! :thumbs_up:

Yeah I've already been looking at things like 4-2-1's etc. and yeah I've heard the rear is a pig to lower, apparently there's a guy who's really good at it/reasonably priced, but he's other side of London :(

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Beaniemoo near Bedford have a great rep and I can vouch for their work too :) let me know go your interested and I'll get their contact for you :)

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Well they got my car through the MOT for less than half what a garage charged.

When you lower the rear look for a GTI ARB, get decent shocks and the GTI torsion bar is thick too :) so a few things to lookout for in the future :)

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i can see modding this going from what i'd consider an ok amount, to a hell of a lot haha. also, do you know if a cone filter is any good on these? i know they kill the maf or w/e on corsa's but not been able to find anything yet about 106's

1 - 20 of 100 Posts