·
Banned
8,758 Posts
is it turbo?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately not, only my 3rd car and ive only had my license a year and 3 month so insurance would tan my hide for a turbo :(

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
then i suggest you leave and never come back.

:laugh:

Reactions: CorsaEdi

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
At the minute im just bringing it back upto spec, its been abused by badman chavs so needs some tlc, going to sort rust spots and clean the engine bay up, fix rear wheel bearing and the windscreen needs replacing.

Then its a question of getting it grubby off road or lowering it and turning it JDM...

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I don't know much about subarus but my friend has a subaru same colour / style. It was owned by a very old man before him who spent quite a lot on it, mapped by jolly green or someone, and proper solid engine. 320 BHP with proof.

It's a solid car. I hope you un-chavify the car lol and return it to its past glory.

Is this one a 4wd?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes its AWD, this only has about 115 but with some OCD style tinkering and cleaning and down the line a few performance enhancers ;) its should be quite a fun good looking car.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Nice to hear!

Sorry for jumping the gun, but do you think you might ave this converted to a turbo in the long run or just sticking with the non turbo engine? :)

And hope it sounds as nice as the ones I hear lol!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will almost certainly be putting a turbo on it! Providing i have the funds, and yes it sounds brilliant, one of the reasons i was drawn to it in the first place, rumbles nicely ;D

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
I will almost certainly be putting a turbo on it! Providing i have the funds, and yes it sounds brilliant, one of the reasons i was drawn to it in the first place, rumbles nicely ;D
Then you have permission to stay.

Could get it as fast as my mate tish's lol

Can even see me in my spongebob hat cheering him on haha!

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
Seems a bit strange to buy an N/A Impreza to keep the insurance low then want to Turbo it later. Swapping all the parts will be a lot of work and a fair bit of money. Much easier and realistic to just get a Turbo one when you can afford the insurance and swap over any good bits you have on this. I'd just lower this one a while and give it a good clean and polish

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
agreed turbos are cheap enouigh to notmess around.

as for n/a mods, the forester 2.0 intake is the best, with abig cold air feed tothe stock box.

then just a rear box and thats about it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuunfortunatley i love a challenge, and i love tinkering, so i may have to at least have a pop at it just to challenge myself... however, this is what i have done so far...

I'll try and get this in the right order:

Cleaned her up
reattached hanging bumper
bought spare wheel and jack that were missing
bought facelift grill for newer badge
bought OMP steering wheel and a boss
fitted wheel
bought 05 Hawkeye seats
replaced old seats with Hakweye buckets

NEXT: Refurb alloys, refurb bonnet, sand and repair rust, replace windscreen

1 - 20 of 25 Posts