All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a pain in the arse that is :(

Just been on the phone to the local DVLA office to find out what i need to transfer my plate from the corsa to the astra...

I was hoping to drive the car home as 'consented' driver so using the old owners insurence.....but i need the insurence certificate/reg documents/mot to transfer the plate

Also i cant sell the corsa for 10days so it available for inspection!

This means i have to keep the corsa insured also so i cant just pay the difference and transfer my insurence to the new car! This means i cant use my 10 years no claims on the astra insurence as i will still be using my corsa insurence.......ohhhhhh i dont know what to do! :(

Pain in the arse!

rant over :eek:

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the only way is to transfer the insurence, ask friends very nicely to borrow their driveway for the uninsured corsa and transfer the plate...when new/old reg is sorted on the corsa i can sell it.

As long as the corsa doesnt need to be insured to take the plate off :confused: think i need to phone them again...

·
Registered
801 Posts
I drove around for 3 days with my new plate, got pulled 4 times as the police's computer system didn't recognise the new plate and assumed I had no insurance, tax, mot... I just kept the older plate and tax disc in the car. :)

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
best to prob leave the corsa uninsured.dvla are usless im ha trouble with them at the moment changing my tax for the new engine.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok i just phoned them again and dont know what the first girl was talking about

Turns out All you need is:

Tax expiry date for both cars
Reg documents for both cars (green slip is fine for new car)
MOT certificates for both cars

Insurence is not necessary

So no worries as long as our friends let us use their drive for the corsa

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Have you got your astra now then Laura?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Pics?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
UPDATE

My documents have just arrived!

So today i can swap my private plate over and get the Astra insured and on the road!! :driver:

Pics coming soon :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
801 Posts
Laura, since you own a private plate... Might be able to help me!

Cut a long story short, I got my private plate changed over on the 30th March, had new tax disc on the 2nd April. My tax runs out end of April, so I got the documents through to do it online or at local post office (V11 I think the form is) but the V11 is for my old reg not my private plate. I've tried ringing DVLA since Tuesday and all I get is 'Becuase of the Easter period we are something something high volume of applications / calls blah' - You think I would be able to go down to Beverley and ask them to despatch a new V11 containing my new plate so I can tax the car? Getting close to end of April now like...

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I drove around for 3 days with my new plate, got pulled 4 times as the police's computer system didn't recognise the new plate and assumed I had no insurance, tax, mot... I just kept the older plate and tax disc in the car. :)
that happened to me.
i fitted my new plates, drove out of my street and got pulled straight away.
as long as youv got your note from the DVLA and your tax disk your fine, unless the coppers in a really ****ty mood lol.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
that happened to me.
i fitted my new plates, drove out of my street and got pulled straight away.
as long as youv got your note from the DVLA and your tax disk your fine, unless the coppers in a really ****ty mood lol.
You cant change the plate over till you get the "transfer of registration number" form back! And they send you the new tax disc at the same time.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Then just dont use that then, get a new blank one from the postoffice

Or you should be able to just do it on line
Tried ringing DVLA was no use. You are able to get blank ones from Post Office? I was going to head down to Beverley.

(Sorry for thread-jacking) back on topic! :thumbs_up: Where's these pictures? :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts