All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello ppl:) , in need of some help here, the wifes knackered mi little corsa b:eek: , whilst out on one of her many shopping adventures:driver: i get a phone call saying the little thing has broken down:( , after towing it back home and doing the paperclip test i got the code 85(immobilizer wrong signal), i then thought what could possibly cause this car to just not start after running like a dream:banghead: , so i spoke to myself quite loudly saying i wonder if the key transponder is knackered and she chirped up saying that the key fell apart:withstupid: , thus answering my query, NO FRIKIN TRANSPONDER IN THE KEY.:mad:

so i was wondering if you can either by-pass the ignition sensor or can you buy replacement keys and re-programme them yourself..:confused:

i eagerly await your words of wisdom..;)

jas

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
a visit to Vaux garage i belive! something similar happend to me, luckily it was walking distance to home and the spare key ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the word, "oh tits" comes to mind, is there anywhere i can get hold of the wiring schematics for the immobilizer system or do i really have to be analy breached by the guys at vauxhall especially as i would have to call them out to it. i dont mind being the guinea pig for any ideas or theories that may be floating round.

if the tech 2 system can fix this, so can a 16oz hammer...

jas

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Another option is to get an ecu and key chip off ebay for the same model corsa as you have. Then it is just a straight swap.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
are we talking about the immobilizor ECU or the main ECU cheers jas

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
whatever you do, dont try and bridge the connections on the ignition barrel sensor with the previously mentioned paperclip, my car as the distinct aroma of "le melt of skin" as the paperclip went from 0 to 180 degrees in 0.1 nanoseconds and now im left with the perfect imprint of a paperclip on my fingers....

its all fun

·
Registered
393 Posts
i'd have a look in the yellow pages in your area, theres bound to be somebody who does immobiliser keys and programming that are mobile. ring around for a price before checking at vauxhall, which is going to cost around £100 at a dealer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
chuff me, seems like mr vauxhall has got me by the knackers. thanx for all your help people, very much appreciated.......

jason

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
The cheapest option like i say is to find an ecu and keychip. It's literally just a plug and play option. Saves paying into the £100s.

What model corsa is it by any chance?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its a n-reg corsa b montana 1.2i 8v 3dr, best £350 i ever spent, runs on a oily rag, cost me about 15 a month to goto work in it unlike mi mr2 cost me 40 a month and the fekin pajero, well lets just say bank manager dont like me drivin it....

think i should have kept mi calibra 4x4 turbo..

in vauxhalls we trust..

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Just had a quick browse of ebay, i saw at least 4 ecu's for a 1.2 for less than £10.
I'm not sure if they have the keychip with them but i'm sure a quick email to the seller will find that out.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
try putting an ecu from a lower spec 1200 8v arround the same year as not all corsas came with transponder keys on the lower engine and spec models

d

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
tried both yer ideas, went on fleebay and found one from a guy who reckons his dont have the transponder key, but he is sending the key anyway, so will let you know the outcome when it arrives, btw cost me all of £15 and thats with p+p included, so fingers crossed.

p.s. will be glad to get rid of the immobilizer if possible to be honest, too much aggravation for my liking..

cheers all

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
No probs, hope it works for you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
blessed are thy corsa members, got one of fleebay for £15(ecu and key) the guy i bought it off tried to tell me his didnt have immobiliser, but he sent me the key anyway, thank god he did cos the little feker was inside the key, mi little beast breathes again.

once again folks thankyou very much for the wealth of information you and this forum have provided for me, totally recommend any corsa owner to register here. this place is better than any manual.

cheers jason

1 - 17 of 17 Posts