All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was sent the following via email from another Car Forum I'm signed up with. It's really quite shocking when you think about how much you already pay to keep your car on the road! It's an absolute pisstake if you ask me....

The government's proposal to introduce road pricing will mean you have to purchase a tracking device for your car and pay a monthly bill to use it. The tracking device will cost about £200 and in a recent study by the BBC, the lowest monthly bill was £28 for a rural florist and £194 for a delivery driver. A non-working Mum who used the car to take the kids to school paid £86 in one month!

On top of this massive increase in tax, you will be tracked. Somebody will know where you are at all times. They will also know how fast you have been going, so even if you accidentally creep over a speed limit you can expect a NIP with your monthly bill. If you care about our freedoms and stopping the constant bashing of the car driver, please sign the petition on No 10's new website.

Traveltax Petition Signing

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Yep I posted it ages ago. Still worth bringing it up again though for our new members.

·
Registered
393 Posts
if it goes through, it'll eventually mean that anybody who travels a fair distance to get to and from work everyday is going to be paying through the nose. i barely earn enough to keep my head above water as it is, never mind even more of my hard-earned disappearing into the government treasury.

the accuracy of speedo's fitted to even new cars is also debateably inaccurate, but these gps trackers can quite easily nick you for going over the speed limit on any given road despite what your speedo says. more hard evidence for the courts to wring money out of us all, after forking out £200 for the pleasure of it.

·
Banned
521 Posts
Signed it ages ago, No matter how smart they are there will always be a way to fiddle with them so they can be turned off etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts