All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Ive found a tutorial on how to change all interior bulbs if that helps
Does that include the speedo mate? If so post it up as i am attempting my speedo tomorrow and not looking forward to it :(

·
Registered
28 Posts
yea it looks like. Il post it below. Its two seperate tutorials though one covers the indicators n stuff the other covers the dash/dials LED

·
Registered
28 Posts
Author- Si (CORSA-C|UK)

Changing Dash/Dials LED's

Well, Here we go:

First off remove the storage bin near the ignition (below the lightswitch)
To do this, it's easiest to reach around the back and press the two tabs in on the top! (I have big arms and can manage, therefore so can you!)

Now remove the two screws at the bottom of the lower panel. Pull gently from the bottom, and this panel can be placed in a safe place.

Next remove the screw from the underside of the steering wheel

Using a thin slotted screwdriver, undo the two clips on the front, on either side of the wheel centre

lift off the top cover

remove the two silver screws from either side of the steering wheel (just in front of the stalks)

Drop your adjustment handle and undo the screw on the front, and slide the handle off to leave the L shaped bar. Push the bar back home into the bottom of the wheel.

remove the base of the steering column cover

Now it's time to remove the housing:

Undo the two screws at the bottom

and the one at the top

pulling the top forward, lift the housing out. this is sometimes a bit tight, but it will come out.

All you have in front of you now is the clocks. remove the two screws at the bottom, lift the clip at the top centre and pull them straight out towards you.

On the back you will see four small twist out bulb holders. The bottom centre one is for your mileage readout (odometer) the other three are for general illumination.

Twist out and replace til your hearts content.

Note: LED's only work one way, once replaced, switch the light on and check they are working before refixing!

Re-fitting is the reverse of removing. It is really simple.

Before:

After:

The finished product:

·
Registered
21 Posts
awrite ladz i have 2 requests for you lot. first one is a tutorial on how to install rear speakers on a corsa b which does not have them already and same instance for a ciggi lighter for charging the gadgets?

·
Registered
931 Posts
:lipsmoker:Can this lad get a tutorial in English /\/\/\/\

Anyway, back speakers are easy, but, alot of work!

When I take my car to bits I will do a tutorial:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Find out what colour on stereo loom is for rear speakers, and run cable from front to back off car.., ciggy lighter use stereo lead as positive and find a ground..

Anyone that knows me knows how **** i am with electrics, but If i can figure out what needs doing its by no means hard

·
Registered
931 Posts
FTAO Vegas!

Is the stereo power lead a constant power supply from the battery?

Needing a power source for my remote locking :p

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Yeah not sure what FTAO means, but ignition live means only has power when car is running, so if you tok power for you electric unlocking from there, you would never be able to unclok/lock unless car was runing, as said I would use battery.

Check me out giving electrial help:/

Reactions: Ash

·
Registered
931 Posts
It means For The Attention Of :p

Check me out giving English lessons!

Thanks, I will just take on from the battery then :D

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
STFU, I answered original question, and only just read it after you posted, and summed it up clearly, no pipe down wotsit boy!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Put the handbags down! :p

I thanked you both anyway, vegas explained it better though ;)

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Hehe, I was only joking with him anyway, he knows that, I call him wotsit boy due to a previous bet to which he lost and now owes me a wotsit lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts