21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
I thought I knew how to do this but after having a look, I don't:(
I have some 6x9's just sat in the house and need to wire them in but don't know where to start, not sure if it's worth pulling the boot to bits and then not know which wires to use....
Could someone do a tutorial for this please?
Also my drivers door speaker doesn't work anymore, it did a week ago but used to flicker when I opened the door, now its gone off completely. I've had the plug out but it looks fine and I just don't know what to do! Please help!!
I've trawled the ice tutorials section but can't find a speaker specific one.
Maybe some legend could do a full beginners guide to fitting and changing speakers?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello All. I'm having a problem with my speedo cable. i want to replace the speedometer cable as my speedometer is not working. when driving the engine management light comes on and sometimes my engine stalls. starts up again after a couple of minutes. i have a 1996 vauxhall corsa 1.4 GLS. Engine Model X14XE. i have the haines manual for the 1997 model corsa and it states the my model 1996 will be cable driven. i have an idea how to disconect from the speedometer from inside the car but i'm unsure where to disconect from the other end. ie is it from the gearbox or from the engine. pics or tutorial would be a great help to me. thanking all you bright chaps in advance.

CuriousCorsa.

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
/\ buy a haynes, its in there. far to complex to go into in a how to.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Don't know if it has been thought of before but well what about one full tutorial on doing a full service on a corsa i know there are tuts for parts of a service e.g changing oil and fuel filter but maybe one tut for it all like start on one thing and move on to next and so on just a thought.

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
use the haynes, or follow the oil change tut, then the other tuts one by one...

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
i got a haynes for a corsa b off ebay last month for £5 posted. it covers everything about the car, far better than a tutorial. and has pics.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
I too have a Haynes i got mine from motor save for £14.99 and to be honest it isn't that clear and also agreed about the pictures but also on here people have pictures (I know not every tutorial has pics but a lot do) and also on here people can ask questions and get a reply cant in the manual.

·
Registered
677 Posts
A tutorial on how to upgrade manual to electric windows, with pics, would be an excellent tutorial, as i'm wanting to do this upgrade and give my arm a rest lol, have got most of the kit needed, but my car doesnt have the internal loom to support electric windows so they would need to be hard wired in, this is the part which is the most complicated, so if any1 has done this upgrade and would'nt mind giving me some pointers ad be very very gratefull
i would like to see this done aswel! i got forearms like a russian shot putter !! keep winding it up and down plus its annoying to do if your driving and want passenger side open aswel!
as said a manual to electric window conversion tutorial would be amazing :)
yeah...ill 2nd that!!!
Just done it to my Corsa B, may no longer be relevant to you guys but hopefully it helps somebody.

·
Registered
4 Posts
would love a tutorial on to transfer the internals of a two button key to the the more fashionable flip key, and also can you transfer the pre existing cut blade to the new housing? rather than getting one cut?????

·
Registered
40 Posts
Corsa B Steering wheel install tutorial request

Hi there!I'm looking for a tutorial for how to install corsa b steering wheel with airbag, instead of the previous non-airbag type wheel.

Could be really appreciated!

21 - 40 of 52 Posts