1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Be nice to drive i bet but it looks ugly and wtf is that ridiculous spoiler i know they need downforce but atleast make it attractive!

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When it's capable of 250mph I think practicality wins over looks.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
A car that is capable of 250m.p.h should still be sexy, look at the bugatti, some ferrari's etc...

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep that is late 90's styling. And personally I love the way it looks. Not keen on the colour but it's still stunning IMO.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
so that was the mk1 speed 12?? confused me as carisma did a gold 1 so there msuta been a few more mk2s

mk1 was more of a concept bit boxy for my liking, and aparently hard as fook to control

·
Registered
393 Posts
sorry i've been away for a while, been having major problems sleeping so i've been getting in from work and going straight to bed!

i remember hearing about the speed 12 years ago, apparently the reason why it was dropped from production to the public was because the government frowned on a car with a power-to-weight ratio of over 1 being available to the general public, they probably thought they might see another 'cobra 427 on the M1' type affair happening again and stopped tvr before they could build it. race organisers banned it from the track after a while too for being outrageously powerful and stupidly hard to control, hence dangerous to everyone. still, thumbs up to tvr for trying!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
OK, maybe it does look a bit shexxxyyyy there ^^^^^^^^^

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
393 Posts
the reason why we have a national speed limit of 70mph on motorways, someone took a AC Cobra 427 flat-out down the M1 and crashed it, wiped out quite a few people I heard, must have been about 160+mph or so, which is blisteringly fast back in the 60's. cobra 427's were nicknamed 'widowmakers' because of their habit of killing their drivers.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jesus I didn't know that.

·
Registered
166 Posts
that spoiler is aloud in the uk?

over here you get a lot of problems with the police

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah I don't think there are much restrictions on the size of spoilers here, which is unfortunate in some cases, but not with the tvr :)

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Cor blimey, slightly quick, i bet you have to be so so careful on the throttle with that

1 - 20 of 23 Posts