All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have been looking around and been suprised about the cost of getting a 2 litre conversion done. I thought it would of been way more. Any way...if was to get it done on a corsa c what sort of performance can I expect? Does anyone have any experience of one and performance figures like 0 - 60 times....0 - 100 , 50 - 100 in top etc.

Anything would be of help

Thanks ahead

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Only thing could say about doing it to a C, is you are putting an old engine in a newer car. Should still have pretty good performance though.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
He said about a normal 2litre. IIRC the only 2litre he could fit in would be the c20xe, which is an older engine. There is the z20let, but he also mentioned the cost of 2 litre conversions been cheap which was why he was considering it, and the z20let isnt going to be cheap lol.
So anyway losidan, why not look at buying a 1.8 or 1.7cdti sri. Could work out been less hassle than an engine conversion.

PS mark, just read through what I wrote and it seems if I was trying to put you down or something, but I wasnt just the way I wrote it. So no offense intended:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
408 Posts
aye i just assumed newer car, newer engine, Conversions in c's are meant to be a pain in the sacks with the wiring. Best engine would be a 1.8 an get cams an throttle bodies for it.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
aye i just assumed newer car, newer engine, Conversions in c's are meant to be a pain in the sacks with the wiring. Best engine would be a 1.8 an get cams an throttle bodies for it.
Yer, thats what I would agree with. Could always turbo it as well :laugh:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
mibbies the c20xev? 2.2 from the astra mk4 or vx would be fun, theres a c in england with a 2.5 v6 vectra engine which could be a laugh

d

·
Registered
43 Posts
i'm getting the z20let conversion done this yr and it i deffo not cheap in the slightest i'm spending £7000 on mone that includes 6pots and a rear disk conversion.

but it i a lot cheaper to put the older redtop in even with the complacated wiring your only looking at around £2500.

there is a corsa in the uk with a 3ltr v6 omega engine in also but power ti weight is RUBBISH.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sounds interesting...is it going to mean selling family members into slavery to afford it?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
if i was going to fit an xe to a c id go to vauxhall and buy either a new let or new xe as there pretty much pennies for what they are

d

1 - 13 of 13 Posts