All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out changing the side repeaters on my girlfriends corsa today to smoked ones and noticed that the drivers side front wheel is looking bit flat but the others are fine. we put valve caps on last week and i'm just wondering whether when i tightened them i maybe tightened it to much and twisted the valve or something. Could this be the problem and how easy is it to sort - is it likely to be pricy to fix.

The car hasn't been moved in 2 weeks as my gf is just learning to drive so could be that but seems less likely with it only being the one tyre thats losing pressure.

any info would be much appreciated

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
puncture? pump it up an see how long it is til it goes flat or just put the spare on (if it has one)

·
Registered
393 Posts
check for any nails in the tread, a good way to find a puncture if you cant see any nails is to smear a thick mixture of fairy liquid and water over the tyre and look for bubbles forming, check the rubber closely if you see any, as well as around the bead between the tyre and the wheel rim.
check the tyre valve itself with the mixture, take the cap off and pour some in, a leaking valve will quickly cause foam. if that doesnt work, try it again with the cap on, the cap might be pushing down on the valve slightly.

if it is punctured in the tread, the repairable area of the tyre is across 3/4 of the tread (so 1/8's of either side of the tread from the sidewall) anything outside of this ( or on the corner between the tread and the sidewall) means a new tyre.
if the bead is leaking, take the tyre down to kwik-fit or hi-q and ask them to bead-seal the tyre back to the rim.
if the valve is leaking, sometimes using a tyre valve key to udo then re-tighten the valve can stop it if it has worked its way loose, if this doesnt work then a new valve stem needs to be fitted, meaning the tyre has to come off the rim. thats a job for a tyre fitters.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts