All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
this is the situation
i had a corsa b merrit 1.2 95 ( my little baby ) had to go because too much corrosion :palm:

brought a corsa b enovoy star silver 2 1.0 but newer 2000 :)

changed my custom kit as seen in photo , front and rear bumper done ,still need to fit skirts and spray at later date maby ? my strait through racing exhaust fine for now but will need work later .
smoked lexus rear lights , smoked side lights , new spoiler black , gear knob , hand break , changed the front windows as had scuff marks on new car , i will tint the windows soon as well .

have come across the following probs and would just like some advice.

1 .. major problem.. wheel archers rubbing on my tyers ( wolfrace alloys as pic above ) fine on my old car but scraping on this one quite badly to the point i cant drive it , only on the two back wheels ,
advice on the best and cheapest way to sort this without bodyshop ( hammer maby? :thumbs_up:) .

2 ... side skirt fitting on my old corsa had 3 brackets on each side my x has conveniently lost 1 of each side , hear maby tiger seal ? but am unsure if this will work with the custom kit or maby make my own custom brackets .

3 also not major , but as i dont have much cash to spair with christmas looming , spray job will have to wait was going to be a tin job but now decided if i do get it done ill get it done properly ( can anyone quote prices ?),
but i have grown fond of the purpley blue with the star silver 2 ( i like unique things ) was maby thinking finishing the skirts off in star silver , n leaving the rest how it is and matching it up with sum vinals the same shade maby flames , snake , chinese dragon ,

will upload a hoto on new car when its not pissing it down and pitch black (please bear in mind its still in project stages ) .

just any genral thoughts and advice please

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
this is the situation
had a corsa b merrit 1.2 95 ( my little baby ) had to go coz 2 much corrosion :palm:

brought a corsa b enovoy star silver 2 1.0 but newer 2000 :) sos no pics at mo will take them when its light

changed my custom kit as seen in pic front and rear bumper done still need to fit skirts and spray at later date maby ? my strait through racing exhaust (wish id never got the x to do this) fine for now but will need work later .
smoked lexus rear lights , smoked side lights , new spoiler black , gear *** , hand break , changed the front windows as had scuff marks on new car , will tint the windows soon as well .

have come across the following probs and would just like some advice b4 my x ****s it anymore .

1 .. major prob wheel archers rubbing on my tyers ( wolfrace alloys as pic above ) fine on my old car but scraping on this one quite badly to the point i cant drive it , only on the 2 back wheels ,
advice on the best and cheapest way to sort this without bodyshop ( hammer maby? :thumbs_up:) .

2 ... side skirt fitting on my old corsa had 3 brackets on each side my x has conveniently lost 1 of each side , hear maby tiger seal ? but am unsure if this will work with the custom kit or maby make my own custom brackets /.

hence why x is x !!!

3 also not major , but as i dont have much cash to spair with xmas looming , spray job will have to wait was gona be a tin job but now decided if i do get it done be done proper ( can anyone quote prices ?), but i have grown fond of the purpley blue with the star silver 2 ( i like unique things ) was maby thinking finishing the skirts off in star silver , n leaving the rest how it is and matching it up with sum vinals the same shade maby flames , snake , chinese dragon ,

will upload a pic on new car when its not pissing it down and pitch black (please bear in mind its still in project stages ) .

just any genral thoughts and advice please
quickly re-read and edit out text talk before you get an infraction :thumbs_up:
tigerseal is brilliant stuff, if you use it to glue the side skirts on remember you will never get them off :laugh:

also what offset are the wheels? if its the bolts holding the trim on rubbing some people cut them off and tigerseal the arches on

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
That's too hard to read. Don't use text talk anymore please as it's against forum rules. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Also it looks as if your car may have crashed into halfords, then you may have done a 360 into the 90s.

But i like the colour

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
Wow you made him your ex because he lost a bracket, poor sod. Pictures of your new car and yourself :shocked:

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
If your a fit chav I'll let you off tbh.....

....as above!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
humm....... seeing it like that looks a bit strange , maby black??? but i do love the puple / blue colour , was so gutted when my old car had to go
oh im not a chave just love moded cars , always have
and there was many other resons we split that im not willing to go into .

is there realy no way to remove it once its been tiger sealed? i know its good stuff but blimy :laugh:
looks like custom bracket it is then

as for wheels its rubbing right near the outa edge so spacers wont help ,
im going to investigate the bolts ,

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
The wheels look the wrong offset (sticking out from the car) thats why they'll be rubbing, get a wheel with a decent offset as your not lowered at all and its rubbing!

TBH I know you say your not a chad, but the general consensus with car with kits neons halfords alloys etc, is that its really a blast from the 90's, and that most modifiers nowadays really don't appreciate that kind of styling away from jap cars.

Whatever you do with it is up to you an as long as you like thats all that matters, but don't be surprised if you get a lot of posts either ripping the car or calling yourself a chav.

Personally, I'd give the 'kits' a rest, I think they've had their time and its time to move on from them. If you want something truly different, maybe modify the original bumper. Smoothed has been done to bits, but I'm sure theres still something 'original' to be done.

And as for the wheels, chrome multi fit really don't appeal to me and I'd get either some Merc, Porsche rims on and adapt to fit, but that take a lot of money. Maybe some 4x100 stock wheels, not necessarily from vaux, banded G60 golf steelies are really quite nice.

Thats just some thing I will suggest, but as i say, please don't be surprised if you get branded as a 'chav' or the car slated as it is very 'old fashioned' nowadays.

Reactions: s1

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks .
was starting to doubt myself , ur right its what i like that counts .

fair enoth everyone is intitled to there opinion , it may not be every ones cup of tea , maby a bit old skool ~ but its what i love, same as some people have bright pink ford ka's decked out in mcfly items (now thats asking for slating thank god its not me:D) and im using what i have to work with .

i love my wolfrace alloys all £850 worth, sounds like geting a body shop to roll back would be cheaper or lower profile tyers ( there due to be done soon anyway ) . i just cant get round the fact they were fine on my old corsa not this one.

going back to my origanal post is there any other way to make these wheels work ( cheap and cheerfull / easy ) , you say the offset is wrong how can i change this without body shop ? .

to be honist i havent explored this kind of thing before ( im not dumb just never needed to ) and at the end of the day everyone starts some where. :thumbs_up:

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
£850 for them wheels? You've been royally shafted.

·
Premium Member
7,449 Posts
i love my wolfrace alloys all £850 worth
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
Still no pics of yourself? Its forum rules you know name to face and all that jazz...

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
This thread isn't for requesting pics of members so leave it out please lads.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts