All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would advise people to clean under they scuttle panels as i did mine today.
It was that bad i had a build up of water around my brake master cylinder and muck everywhere.

So from the beginning i took off my windscreen wipes and scuttle panel

This is what i found under the scuttle panel

Then took the other plastic part off thats under the panel

Then under that one i found muck everywhere

This is full of dirty black water around my brake master cylinder

So i started removing bits and bobs like my windscreen wash bottle, alarm horns and fuse box so i could get underneath.
I cleaned around in use one of my tatty microfibre cloths and unblocked the drain holes with a flat headed screw driver.

After i sprayed it out with hose pipe i gave it a wipe over and found nice blue bodywork (If this rusts through you will get water entering under the brake master cylinder and you will have a wet drivers foot-well)

I also cleaned the windscreen at the bottom and inside the rubber that goes around the bottom of the windscreen as that was full off muck (Be care full around the edge of the windscreen as it will easily crack, i have done it before but i was putting my scuttle panel back on)

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Nice write up mate :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my windscreen cracked, im fuming. It happened as i left my work, hit apot hole at very verylow speed 5mph and a crack just appeared, so i had aword with my boss and she said i cant do anything about it because the bit of road is shared by them and the petrol station, it had to happen after iclean my scuttle panel. ill get picture up soon

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
You took all that off an left the filter??

Good write up though

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cba changing the pollen filter haha and here is the picture of my windscreen when i cracked it :p

·
Registered
66 Posts
Never good too see a cracked windscreen, mine cracked today on the motorway stone/something heavy belted the window passenger side instant crack.:mad:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not nice its ran across the bottom of the window on passenger side and hasn't moved since :D

I would really advised people to clean under the scuttle panel and see wat nasty stuff is hidden below.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I did the same to the daughters Corsa C as had water coming in the passengers side. Cleaned a load of dead leaves and other grunge out plus made sure the vent flaps on both sides were clean and free to move.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts