All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a new clutch fitted on my 1.0 litre Corsa B. When I looked at the engine I noticed there was no adjustment left on the clutch cable. The cable was new.

I queried this and the garage took the car back. They reckon the arm may be bent which is why there is no adjustment on the cable.

The manager seems pretty genuine and has ordered a new arm (he called it a fork) which he will fit at no cost to me aside from the cost of the part £85.

I asked him to try a different clutch cable but he said it was not that and he tried the old cluctch along with several new ones but the cable adjustment was still non existant.

Is there anything else it might be and do these arms bend?

Regards

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
£85 for an arm :/

Never heard of one bending before on a Corsa tbh

Reactions: silvercorsa

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well it did not look bent but the technician who changed the clutch must have been a muppet because he was happy giving me the car back back with no adjustment. It would not surprise me if he'd dropped the gearbox getting it out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you were right

£85 for an arm :/

Never heard of one bending before on a Corsa tbh
It's not the arm which has bent. The garage guy compared the new one with mine and it's the same. Now he thinks the clutch cable maybe the wrong one for my Corsa. I got my clutch cables from eurocarparts which is opposite the garage so he's sourcing a clutch cable from a different supplier.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
That's more likely tbh...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it was the release bearing

Apparently there was some 'roughness' on the bearing so it was not fitted properly and so this was why I had no adjustment on the cable. Also there was a noise which one of the mechanics picked up. They refitted the bearing and clutch and now the arm sits halfway down the adjustment rod.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Release bearing?

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
i think they fitted a shit qualty reconditioned clutch and fobing it off blaming the tech as you cant realy fit a release bearing wrong

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thats what was said

the manager said there was some roughness on the release bearing - not sure what he meant by this.

I think they had fitted various different clutch plates to try to solve my problem but something was wrong with the release bearing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts