All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so a few hours a go I was fitting new break pads to my friends Corsa C. However when I took the wheel off there was only one pad? (The one facing out), no pad on the piston side. This confused me at first but I checked the other side and it was the same... Is it normal for one pad and one pad only on both sides?

Really need some help with this..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, cheers for that. If found it weird. The pad facing out was worn too bare metal. So the other pad falling out could be true...But so unusual..

·
Registered
80 Posts
The pad cant fall out as there are locators on each side of the pad which slide into clips located in the pad carrier. Are you sure its not still in the carrier behind the disk because Im sure the car wouldnt brake if one was missing as the pads clamp on each side of the disk in order to stop the car?

·
Banned
139 Posts
The pad cant fall out as there are locators on each side of the pad which slide into clips located in the pad carrier. Are you sure its not still in the carrier behind the disk because Im sure the car wouldnt brake if one was missing as the pads clamp on each side of the disk in order to stop the car?
The pad can fall out, I have seen pads break and fall out because there so worn down

·
Registered
651 Posts
The pad can fall out, I have seen pads break and fall out because there so worn down
Aye happened to me a couple months ago, went over a big pothole and heard a nice loud metallic sound, pulled over and there was my worn brake pad, sitting at the side of the road.

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
If that's the case you almost certainly need to replace the discs - they must show signs of metal to metal contact I'd have thought?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats the really weird thing... The actually disc is totally smooth on the piston side no lip etc... I found this sooo weird. BUT outside of the disc (facing towards the tire was grooved and looked like some had put a dam chisel to it?

I was probably a bit pushy about it but I was telling him to get new discs immediately. Also one other question, the break pedal felt soft at first, which I presumed was normal as the car is at 105k miles. But I'm wondering if it is perhaps air in the breaking system. I'd really like to get a good look at the breaks but he's at work.

Hopefully tonight (with some daylight hopefully) I'll get a look!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts