All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i noticed yesterday my front window wipers were juddering and not working as they should, tonight it was the same then they completely stopped working,

I took the car home and had a look at the motor and it was very hot to the touch, i think i may have burnt out the motor ?

is it a simple case of replacing the motor ? if so is anyone selling one ?

this is needed asap as we all know its not safe/legal to be driving without front window wipers.

Thanks.

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
Probably just needs a new motor and making sure the linkages aren't seized.

It would help if you put your location and which model/year yours is.

A scrappies will probably be your best bet.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah sorry, i thought it was in my info beside my avatar,

its a 2002 SXI, im in Scotland but postage would be fine as long as its here asap,

as i say the motor was hot to the touch so i think it may just be that, would this do the job i assume ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cd219f0a5

Ive posted in the wanted section, but as i say i need this asap, thanks for the help.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As for scrappies their isnt one in my town as i dont want to drive without wipers working just in case it rains or i get some major dirt etc on the car, ive no one t take me to one this week so it will most likely have to be posted.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It needs to be a cheap fix for now mate so ebay will do

Its about the same price getting the motor with the linkages as it is getting it with just the motor,

Is it easy enough to fit linkages etc if they have siezed ?

ill try just adding the motor first.. then if that doesnt work ill know its the linkages too, the motor was very hot so i assume ive either burnt it out due to siezed linkages or its simply burnt out.

Edit - How can i tell if the linkages are seized ? sorry im a total newbie to motors

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
right i need this asap, should i go for the motor with the linkages and pay a little extra ? as i say im unsure if the linkages are siezed as i dont know what to look for...

im hoping to order tomorrow so its here for Wednesday,

ill try replacing the motor first, then if its still not working ill fit the full linkage and motor if its easy enough to do ?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, got one from Ebay and it will be with me latest Thursday,

if my linkages have siezed is it easy enough to replace the lot ?

looks simple enough to just change the motor, tbh ive not had a good look at the linkages so im not sure what tools i need and what needs to come out etc..

ive got a haynes manual but i dont think it goes into depth about removing the linkages,

im hoping ive bought the correct one ? as i say ive got a 2002 SXI

"Vauxhall Corsa Mk3_C (2000-2006) Hatchback Front Wiper Motor Assembly Complete"

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok i was fitting new alloys today and as i reversed the car a leak began to appear coming from the left of the underside of the glovebox...

ive not got everything back in place 100% where the wiper plastics meet the window and it did rain last night/today, could it just be that ?

i only took the plastics off to check the motor and fitted them back not correctly as i should have my new motor and linkages tomorrow, i hope it was just because it wasnt fitted correctly, i drove the car again and no leak.. so just a little water getting down by the window and seeping near the glovebox ?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its only happened this once and that was after me taking those plastics off from round windscreen, ive not got them sitting 100% correctly and it did rain quite bad so im hoping its just excess water thats managed to get in,

hoping the wiper arrives today soon.. as im meant to be working this afternoon.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Not sure about corsa C's, but on the B the air intake for the heater matrix and cabin veltilation is in the center of the plenum below the windscreen. This is normally covered by a plastic moulding which tucks under the lower lip of the screen to prevent water from getting in.

The air intake to the cabin will be designed with some drain facility to let water out should any inadvertently get into the system (like leaving the cover off when the car is stood out in the rain :palm:) - otherwise you will be left with water collected in the lowest points of your air feed pipes which will take a long time to evaporate off and give you a permanently misty screen.

This ducting is inside the car, so water drain will be to the inside of the car.

You probably also have a very soggy pollen filter. :laugh:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks mate, no the pollen filter didnt feel damp to the touch anyway,

I took the whole linkages/motor off and just replaced the lot, i was amazed how quick the wipers were going so it must have been siezed linkages as they were getting slower as time went by..

no more leaks so fingers crossed it was just as id explained,

glad i was able to do it myself, save me a few bob from getting a garage to fit it anyway, and it literally took 10 minutes, very easy to do.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.