All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is taken from another thread on this site, and thought it would be ideal as a sticky for anyone who may have the same question

example vauxhall engine code: c20let

the first part, ie Z or C etc, is purely the exhaust emission standard ahered to by the engine in question. ( hence earlier 2 litre 8 and 16 valve engines having no prefix ie 20seh or 20xe, because they did not come with a catalytic converter)

the second part ie 16 or 20 etc is the engine capacity in cubic centimeters, ie 2.0 = 2.0 litres 16 equals 1.6 litrs and so on...

we'll use 'LET' for an example in the 3rd 4th and 5th parts of the engine code.

the 'L' tells you which compression ratio band that particular engine falls into, in this case L means between 8.5:1 and 9.0:1 ( if you really want to know them all pm me )

the 'E' part tells you the mixture system used, in this case 'E' being multi-point fuel injection (again if u need to know more, ask)

and finally the 'T' part. this isnt always used, and theres isnt really a lot of clarity on exactly what each letter means. in this case 't' is for turbo, but 'h' is also used for 'high output' on the new z16leh turbo engine. it basically tells you the specific vehicle version.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Good bit of info there Mark.

·
Registered
72 Posts
:dito: hehe just wanted a go cj made it look fun lol

·
Banned
56 Posts
The first digit of the code relates to the emissions regs the engine meets.

Z = euro 4
Y = euro 3
X = euro 2
C = euro 1

Cars made before the emissions regulations have no letter at the start of the code.

The next 2 digits are the capacity.

For example, the 20 in C20 XE means 2 litre.

The next letter is the compression ratio.

G = 8 to 8.5:1
L = 8.5 to 9:1
N = 9 to 9.5:1
S = 9.5 to 10:1
X = 10 to 11.5:1
Y = 11.5+:1

The next digit relates to the fuelling.

D = diesel
E = multi-point injection
Z = single-point injection
V = carburettor

Some engines have an extra code at the end, if they are different from normal

For example:

H = high output
R = increase output
T = turbo
V = volume model
P = twinport

As the man said, but with a couple more numbers.

·
Registered
44 Posts
engine code

i have an 05 plate 1.2 sxi how do ni find out my engine code ? ( incase i kneed it to get parts ) never owned a vauxhall before

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
z12xep

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi my brother has bought a vauxhall corsa cdti sxi diesel 1.2 with an 04 plate.
I need to ship it abroad to him but the paperwork requires the VIN number and the engine number. I have found the VIN number and a load of other numbers which I can't distinguish. I can't find anything starting with Z or X. The closest I've found is X10XC but the x1 is on it's own and the 0xc is part of another longer number so it's probably just wishful thinking. Can you help?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wondered what the heck you guys are on about as I couldn't see anything on my car to say what engine code it was, and then as I was cleaning the engine bay, I finally spotted mine.

I got a X12XE

·
Registered
5 Posts
Are any of these my engine number please?

X12xe,then opposite is 0006 then above is N2208 then opposite is 2HJ then inbetween all these is 90 529 778 all on left side front of cyl head.I am trying to find my engine number to confirm same as in logbook.Thanks all,****.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I really need some help. I have been advised to get a new timing chain but I can't find the engine code to order the parts. I have tried to get my head around it and spent ages trying to find it but I can't. I have a Corsa 1.0 life a/c 2007. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Noisy Top End

Hi I have just bought a 20021.0 Corsa Life for my son to learn to drive in, when it starts when cold it sounds fine but gets "tappy" when it warms up, could this be down to the wrong oil being used with hydraulic valves? what oil should be used and would it benefit from a timing chain being replaced (52k)any advice gratefully accepted also not sure what variant it is b/c/d:confused:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts