All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Ah right thanks. So the 1.0 has more cylinders than the 1.2 8v - therefore quicker? I'm learning... :laugh:
NOOO! it has more VALVES PER CYLINDER (Double) But ONE LESS CYLINDER. This results in a 1.0L engine made of 3 cylinders with 4 valves each (12v) compaired to one made of 4 cylinders with 2 valves each (8v). :laugh:

·
Registered
7 Posts
C14SE has 82bhp (60kW) The same engine found in Nova SRi's - it has larger valves than the other 1.4 8v heads and IIRC more duration in its cam.

X16XE has ~105bhp (C16XE 109bhp as has no EGR valve)

Vauxhall also fitted the 1.5 TD Isuzu engine at 67bhp (renound for its excellent tuning for little cost to ~95bhp).

:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
updated, :thumbs_up:

sticky?

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Brilliant little thread :thumbs_up: but WTF is that silver thing with the breather hose on the chassis member of the X12SZ because mine doesnt have it :laugh: hmmm something appears to be missing....:shocked:

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Pervert....
:laugh:

Nice one.

:thumbs_up:

Dont know that silver thing is on the X12SZ i tryed to look for the best

pictures i could find that didnt have mods. i think two of them has a strut

braces but if anyone has a better ones then ill change them. :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
NOOO! it has more VALVES PER CYLINDER (Double) But ONE LESS CYLINDER. This results in a 1.0L engine made of 3 cylinders with 4 valves each (12v) compaired to one made of 4 cylinders with 2 valves each (8v). :laugh:
Oh, I'm not good with mechanics etc

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
valves are the shiny top trumpet looking things.

cylinders are these.

video

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
added a V6 i found today

1 - 20 of 90 Posts