All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I replaced a rear wheel bearing over the weekend, all went smoothly, not a single issue.
Even tightened the handbrake, using the adjuster above the rear axle. (maybe a little to tight), two clicks is the most I get out of the handbrake now.

Anyway, since then, under braking, it feel like there is a judder under my foot. It brakes fine, no one in the car notices anything. It's only a very slight bit of movement under my foot, but when you've driven the same car for 2 years, you notice the very little things that change.

Any ideas what it could be? I was thinking of bleeding the system as it hasn't been done in about a year. Discs? pads? Slaken the handbrake and see if there's a difference?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
As a safety measure also place it in gear if you are not already doing so while parking up. I used to roll as well, until I asked the who I bought the car off and when he put hand brake on it was fine. Turned out I was just weak at pulling hand brake up.

Juddering could be slight contact between shoes and drum as its too tight. Loosen, up and try again as other than the bearing, the handbrake is the only thing you have altered.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I always keep it in gear, even on flat surfaces. You even know when a cable might give way.

I will slaken off and see if there's a difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts