All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi iv just had a gearbox an clutch fitted but now the car vibrates alot as if iv got solid engine mounts or something.i spoke to the bloke that fitted it an he said that he had to grind abit of the box an force the rear gearbox mount over to get it in he said it was about half inch out.anyway i went out tonight an when i go round right hand bends an the engine weight shift the vibration stops an starts again when i straighten up.so i was thinking that may be where the mount has been forced over its squashed the rubber so much its not taking the vibration out.does this sound possible?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Just the fact that he's buggered about with the mounting makes it possible. Take it back in and ask them to rectify the problem they caused.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the problem iv got is the garage that fitted the engine did it with the old box so he's had to do it with this one.an the garage that fitted the engine are about 150miles away an il never let them touch my car again.i may try get another rear mount an see if that fix's it.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Aye try that 1st. You seem to be having nothing but problems with that engine Jim.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah iv had a few problems but nothing to do with the engine its self mainly poor fitting.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think i may have found the problem my rear gearbox mount is missing a spacer.:shocked:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Sounds like you are having a lot of trouble Jim.. sorry to hear it. Let us know if you find out what it was eventually

1 - 7 of 7 Posts