All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend John, whom many of you have met at shows such as the last 3 PVS/Trax events, who drives the Arctic Edition Astra VXR is a member of the VXROnline forum (the main VXR forum encompassing Astra/Corsa/Vectra/Insignia/Monaro/VXR8). VXROnline organisers had organised a Charity Meet Event that STOC caught wind of and wanted to join forces as one big meet.

Pretty soon the other large Ford forums caught wind aswell, and they had the makings of a super meet, lol.

Large amounts of cars came from Focus STOC, Fiest STOC, Mondeo STOC, Focus RSOC, Focus RST and of course VXROnline. From these forums over 220 cars confirmed to attend. I'd say more than that turned up in the end.

Anyway, I attended this meet with John, in his VXR tonight, took a load of pictures so thought I'd post them up. IMO this is a proper car meet, no pikey whores, no ******** chavs in saxos doing handbrake turns, nice cars, nice people, civil, good evening.

Pics, sorry, left my main camera at home, these are iPhone pics. And yes, there's probably more pictures of the fords for 2 reasons, they were all far nicer than most of the vauxhalls there, with much more modding effort and tuning gone in, and also, I've been in the vauxhall community for a long while now, nothing is new, seen it all before. The Ford stuff was great walking around it all.

Me and John chose to join the VXRo Pre-Meet at Concept Motors in Thurrock, who hosted a BBQ and pre-meet social event for the VXRo forum members. From there we led off in convoy with one of Total Vauxhalls photographers, up the A13, turned round, and formed a 3 lane wide rolling blockade with the photographer at the front. Await pictures of this in next months issue of TV!!

Dave

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Been two a few meets there (last year) always massive turnout and loads of nice cars. Shame I could t make it tonight, maybe next time

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeh it was, I almost considered buying a Fiest ST, lol... Met an old old school friend up there that I hadn't seen since leaving school (was just randomly there with Fiesta STOC). And was talking to him about tuning, you get a lot for your money tbh, tuning packages are a lot more available and varied than vauxhalls tbh.

Fast Ford, Performance Ford and Total Vauxhall all attended at least one meber of staff and a photographer, so if anyone readons any of those magazines, keep an eye out

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Been saying for ages ST's look really nice with a few simple changes.
Good power from them, and plenty of kits out there too..

Always meets in Essex :D

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This meet was originally planned for Bluewater, which is 5 mins from me. But Bluewater police shut it down, haha. It was moved to Essex as a second choice. Turned out well. After the mandatory trip through Mcdonalds drive thru, and watching the many other modded cars do the same. We raced just about everything on the road. The closest matched most interesting race was with an old shape Audi TT believe it or not... Not sure what it was or what it was running but it was almost on par with Johns 260bhp VXR. John won, lol.

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
could you really go from a nice low rwd to fiesta st? you would be bored
yeh tbh my next car choice isn't going to change haha, but it did make me want one a little bit, was a real nice display of nicely modded fords.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Always loved them fiestas. Almost bought one a few years back. Looks like a great meet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.