All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a pair of 40 or 45 twin Webers, prefrably 40's as ive heard 45's are hard to set up.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
for a spi corsa?

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
well a spi (single point injection) corsa is fuel injected and webbers are for

carbs. so it would be quite hard.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i want the carbs to replace the electronic injection. You have to change inlet manifold to a gte/gsi i think.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is alot more to it than that but its quite a common conversion. They sound awesome too.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
it would have to be the old nova engine coversion, ecu, loom etc...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It would do away with the electrics so dont need to change loom etc. It would be on a manual carb setup not the electronic throttle bodies. Its a case of removing all your injection unit & electronic ignition. Find a compatable inlet manifold to house the twin webers. Hardest bit is having them setup to run smoothly.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im scrapping the idea of having Weber's as ive found a more cost effective way to get the same gains. I did alot of researching over the last 24 hours & have now started the ball rolling by purchasing some Yamaha R1 carbs. I found some info about taking the Weber route can cost up to a grand nowadays but by going down the bike carb route you can do it all for less than £300!!! I sourced some carbs & bought them. A company called Bogg Brothers fabricate an inlet manifold for £179. Ive found a very good step by step fitting guide so im gonna have a bash at it. No doubt the process wont run as smooth as it sounds but it will be worth it in the end :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts