All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, Just joined this site.

Not sure if this is the right place to post my question, please excuse my ignorance.

I bought a 2007 corsa club that needed both passenger front and rear doors fitted with new ones as it has been in an accident. Was lucky to get both complete doors in the same colour ordered (just took off previous doors and replaced with new ones).

Both have been fitted by me and all electrics (mirror and window) are working fine and the rear door is ok as well i.e the central locking is working perfectly for all doors.

Problem is when I move the car whether in reverse or forward gear, a warning sound comes from the car and "open" shows up above the mileage on the dashboard.

What could be causing this please as I still do get this warning even when all doors are central locked?

Have I missed something? Was I supposed to transfer something from the old doors to the new doors? Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to add that I have already disconnected the battery for like an hour to see if everything will reset but to no avail.

·
Premium Member
18,555 Posts
Does the buzzer go when the lights are on too? It could be one of the little buttons that detects the door is shut, I've never toyed with such a new Corsa so couldn't be sure...

Also moved to correct section :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does the buzzer go when the lights are on too? It could be one of the little buttons that detects the door is shut, I've never toyed with such a new Corsa so couldn't be sure...

Also moved to correct section :thumbs_up:
Thanks for moving to correct section.

Do you mean the headlights? I have not tested it with the headlights on but will do when i get home.
Where/how do I find this button that detects whether the door is shut?
Do you know if there is any sensor in the door lock that will detect that a different door from the previous one has been fitted to the car and thus not recognising the new door?

·
Premium Member
18,555 Posts
Thanks for moving to correct section.

Do you mean the headlights? I have not tested it with the headlights on but will do when i get home.
Where/how do I find this button that detects whether the door is shut?
Do you know if there is any sensor in the door lock that will detect that a different door from the previous one has been fitted to the car and thus not recognising the new door?
I have only toyed with a Corsa B so it may be totally different.

I am guessing the open relates to an open door - turning on the lights should sound a buzzer if the car detects the door is open when the lights are on.
On the B it was a simple button near where all the wires run from the door to the car that got pushed in when the door closed, I found when the screw had come loose it lost its ground so the buzzer stopped, tightened it back up and it worked again. It's a complete guess as its a different model but it may help you :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have only toyed with a Corsa B so it may be totally different.

I am guessing the open relates to an open door - turning on the lights should sound a buzzer if the car detects the door is open when the lights are on.
On the B it was a simple button near where all the wires run from the door to the car that got pushed in when the door closed, I found when the screw had come loose it lost its ground so the buzzer stopped, tightened it back up and it worked again. It's a complete guess as its a different model but it may help you :thumbs_up:
Thanks again for your reply.:thumbs_up:

When the ignition is switched to turn on the dashboard light, no buzzing sound or "open" is shown on dash even with all doors opened but when car is moved in reverse or forward gear with all doors securely shut, "open" comes up on dash just above the mileage reading with a buzzing sound which is repeated like every 30secs if I continue moving.

Could the simple button you are referring to be around the wire loom adapter that attaches to the socket on the car? Wish I could attach pictures but can't find the attachment button.:palm:

·
Premium Member
18,555 Posts
Thanks again for your reply.:thumbs_up:

When the ignition is switched to turn on the dashboard light, no buzzing sound or "open" is shown on dash even with all doors opened but when car is moved in reverse or forward gear with all doors securely shut, "open" comes up on dash just above the mileage reading with a buzzing sound which is repeated like every 30secs if I continue moving.

Could the simple button you are referring to be around the wire loom adapter that attaches to the socket on the car? Wish I could attach pictures but can't find the attachment button.:palm:
I think you have to be a gold member to attach pictures, upload some to photobucket or something. I am out of my depth now I think so you may need to get some help from other members who have similar cars :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I know it sounds stupid but do a seatbelt warning thing and do you have your seatbelt on? Or something heavy on the passenger seat? Only suggesting because a friend of mine, his mum had a load of stuff on the passenger seat and every time she tried to drive the car would buzz like mad and flash lights at her and it was because the seat detected weight on it and the seatbelt wasn’t engaged. Doesn’t explain the "open" light really but just a suggestion.

Dan :)

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
By the sounds of what youve said, its just gunna be the doors closed switch, if you have a look at that on your doors, then make sure that the connectors are all plugged in properly on the door adapters it might help ;)

·
Premium Member
18,555 Posts
By the sounds of what youve said, its just gunna be the doors closed switch, if you have a look at that on your doors, then make sure that the connectors are all plugged in properly on the door adapters it might help ;)
Wouldn't that set off the buzzer when the lights were on too though? :confused:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Head lights?:shocked: or Interior light? :eek:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know it sounds stupid but do a seatbelt warning thing and do you have your seatbelt on? Or something heavy on the passenger seat? Only suggesting because a friend of mine, his mum had a load of stuff on the passenger seat and every time she tried to drive the car would buzz like mad and flash lights at her and it was because the seat detected weight on it and the seatbelt wasn't engaged. Doesn't explain the "open" light really but just a suggestion.

Dan :)
Thanks but there is no load or anything on passenger seat. The seat belt light flashes but once the belt is engaged, it goes out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The connectors are all plugged in. The weird thing is when I used the central lock from inside the car, all doors are perfectly locked and yet it gives the buzzing sound and "open" sign once the car is moved.

·
Premium Member
18,555 Posts
Try this:
1. ignition OFF - keys out of ignition (put them in your pocket or something...)
2. headlights ON
3. open door - does buzzer sound? (it should)
4. close door - does buzzer stop? (it should)

That should test if the car knows if the doors is open or not...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Try this:
1. ignition OFF - keys out of ignition (put them in your pocket or something...)
2. headlights ON
3. open door - does buzzer sound? (it should)
4. close door - does buzzer stop? (it should)

That should test if the car knows if the doors is open or not...
1. Keys out of ignition.
2. healights on
3. door opened- YES, buzzer sounds
4. door closed- YES, buzzer stops

Which means the car knows if door is opened or not but when central locked using switch inside the car, you can't open the doors either from outside or inside. Where the car sees "open" is still amazing me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
FIXED. Guaranteed, if you check the wiring loom in the boot or the doors where it moves between the body of the car and the door or the boot, inside the rubber sheath. There may be a snapped, broken or bare wire touching others. Mine was fixed today.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts