All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I try to clean my windscreen, all that happens is that I hear a whining noise for quite a while then a little bit of water dribbles out of the washer jets. When I try again it all works properly. This has been happening for quite a while now. I've cleaned out the jets, so the only thing I can think of is the pump? Does anyone know what else might be wrong? Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong section.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Dont mean to sound cheeky, but there is enough water in it isnt there? Since mine used to do this when it was running out.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Lol and mine check your water matey.:)

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
i had the same prob the filter in the washer bottle was stopping the motor getting water so i cut the bottom off the filter.hope that helps :thumbs_up:

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Had this problem on my old corsa, and have it on my new one.
As said it may be down to not having enough water in, or....

The filter at the bottom of the pump can get clogged up over time with all sorts of muck. Take the pump out (it just pops out), clean it and put it back in.

Worst case scenario the pump may be buggered but that is highly unlikely and if it is knackered it will cost just a few £'s for another.

Also another quick point. A gum type substance can form if washing up liquid is added to the washer bottle due to a chemical reaction with what is left of the screenwash. Never ever use washing up liquid as screenwash. Always use genuine screenwash.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I 'aquired one' from scrapyard. In fact I may also have a spare one in the shed.

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There's plenty of water in it and i always use proper windscreen wash :laugh: i'll have a look at the filter when i get a chance. cheers guys

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
It will more than likely be that. Take the bottle and motor out and give them a good scrub.

·
Registered
393 Posts
have a look at the one-way valve in the pipe too, it'll be somewhere between the pump and the jets, that can stick open and give a problem like yours.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Yeah im having this problem with my car, and my mates having the same problem to, both corsas. Ill have a look at the filter this weekend when i get my tools out.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
well if my cameras working i will do a step by step tutorial as this does seem to be a common problem.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi Guys

Having the same problem with the washers Do you have to remove the bottle to get to the filter and pump?

And yes there is water in my Bottle.

:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
check the nozzles on the washers arent blocked, stick a pin in the end of them just to see if they are.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts