All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, i have water leaking into the driver's footwell from either the brake servo seal or the steering column seal or both. from my posting i made 12 months back i explained that i had drilled a 12mm hole in the floorpan with a beveled short piece of tubing to allow the water to run out, i also covered all the floor with a 12mm thick plastic matrix to keep the sound insulation and carpets off the wetted area below the plastic matrix. i would post some pictures but for some reason i am not allowed that facility. ?

however although the bodge up works i am not happy with this fix so i asked my local garage would they carry out the major fix, ie: servo out all seals etc, 5 hrs work. they told me they would not do this job as it is a nightmare, £400 ish, but they said that due to the large nuber of corsas have this problem once they are 4 or 5 yrs old, all the seals shrink and fail so a windscreen company in bamber bridge have jigged the job up and turn it around for £250 inc. vat. they guarantee a complete cure. so as the rest of the car is very good this where i think i will be going. mercman.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi clarky08, i have only just seen your posting, i decided to have a go myself, i poured resin over the brake servo housing where it joins the bulkhead to follow the same path as the rain water, i also blanked the grille off above the servo area with ali foil tape and painted it black, finally i drilled a 10mm hole in the floor and inserted a 20mm length of copper pipe to let out the water, then covered the whole of the foor with a heavy duty plastic sheet, this solved the problem. not sure which of the actions was the best i should have done them one at a time, but just glad to cure the problem, i cant stand leaks and i would have sold the car if i had not cured it, this is a very bad design fault. I cannot remember where the compay is that does this repair but i was told about them by "autosave" in bamber bridge. good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
water leak

Both my dad and I have 06 corsas. His had the leak problem and was fixed by his garage. I can't remember what the fix was but it might have been brake servo seal.

My question would be , where does the water under bonnet come from? Poor scuttle seal?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
basically all the rain water runs down the windscreen and then onto the bulkhead after passing through the air intake plastic grilles between the bottom of the windscreen and the bonnet, the main culprit for the water to leak into the driver's footwell is the brake servo seal which degrades after 2 or 3 years. mercman.

·
Banned
90 Posts
here's is how you fix the passenger and drivers water leak...i did it in under 3/4 hours..yu need the right tools..the 3rd bolt under the steering column to release the servo is a pain to get back in, good luck...it's awkward and you need to lie on your back and use a torch to see under the pedals..i didnt take the brake pedal off just the accelerator..and remember the brake lights make stay jammed on..small flat head screwdriver to push the brake switch back out ..http://carsandcode.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/corsa-c-water-leak-challenge.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.