All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I noticed a few weeks ago that in my boot, the metal work that isn't covered by the trim (see pictures) was wet. Last week when I was at college I got my bag out of the car after lunch and it was soaking wet, as was my boot carpet and the spare wheel and all of the metal work under it. And today when I was driving back, my rear window was covered in condensation on the inside. I opened the boot and the same thing, everything was soaking wet.

Anyone know what is causing this? I really need to fix it

Regards, Dan :)

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Dodgy seal around rear window or boot? Or a split in the pipe supplying the rear screen washer (happened to my friend's clio). Cant think of anything else that'd cause water in the boot.

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
Best thing to do is remove all the plastic trim from rear along with the carpet and dry as much as possible with an old towel.
get friend to sit in the back and check for leaks whislt using a garden hose or buckets of water to soat the rear end of the car. If the window seal is worn or the seals on the rear lights you should see the water dripping from around there.

Failing that, best to check for leaks in the washer jet as well for the rear window.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
i got a patch of rust inside my petrol flap that has developed a hole and now fills the inner wing of my car with water everytime it rains heavly and i have to pump it out near the rear lights >.< going to fix it sometime soon :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
well the same thing hapened to me so what i did was i sealed the gap where the rear lights are as water was going through there. check by pouring little water over the rear light. once i sealed it it just stopped leaking in the boot. most was from left side of car. bare in mind to change your clusters before doing this.

·
Registered
752 Posts
i got a patch of rust inside my petrol flap that has developed a hole and now fills the inner wing of my car with water everytime it rains heavly and i have to pump it out near the rear lights >.< going to fix it sometime soon :D
do it soon or this will happen:
one taken with light shone under the wheel arch and one taken with the light shone in the back light accsess pannel..

ill have to upload pictures later.. virgin media are being b*****ds to us 20 meg yet dial up speeds.

edit: uploads done lol only took a few hours!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Take the rear lights out and check the foam seal around them. Caused a fairly big damp patch in my old corsa.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Theres also a chance that the rear washer tube is leaking - it goes around the body, right hand side, via the top of your doors, if there is a hole here, or it's come away from the washer jet, this will soak the rear light cluster and your boot - happened with my old Corsa B, I ended up taking the headlining off and unscrewing the trim from the boot and boot lid, so I could squeeze (and scratch!) my fingers into the small aperture on the roof and on the boot lid.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same problem in my '01 3door corsa, got sealer to seal up the rear lights but I also get a really bad leak in the rear passenger footwell, people say check the door seal, how would you know if its worn.? I also get a leak from behind the glove box, got to check that out yet. also all the windows inside get covered in heavy condensation over night, is this because of the leaks.?

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
;Leak bhind could be the heater matrix, and running down into footwell? Condensation will be made worse to to added water vapour inside the car

·
Registered
497 Posts
if you have a sunroof it could be that the drain pipe which runs down the piller behind your like cluster might have came out mine did this had the same problem its a small black pipe looks out of place it should dlot into a pipe just behind the plastic trim

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
As above check the sunroof drain pipes. 1 black pipe behind each rear light that should go into a grommit and out onto the floor, not inside your boot.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry for not getting back to any of you, cheers for the suggestions. I did the hose pipe thing and i can see nowhere it can be coming in other than maybe very slightly the boot seal (Vaux want £88 for a new one!)

But today it was the same but it hasnt rained in 2 days, so im thinking it could be the washer pipe.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts