All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi and thank you for accepting me in to the forum. :) I'm very new to Corsa. On 06/07/17 I bought Vauxhall Corsa Breeze 1.2 2008 through the finance from car dealer. One week later car started jumping when driving and engine management light went on,no power,engine misfire. Stopped the car, rang RAC out (Dealer gave me 6 months RAC breakdown warranty for parts with the car + 12 months RAC Silver warranty) but told if warranty doesn't cover some things they will pay. ). Diagnostics were done, coil pack, 3rd cylinder. When he took coil pack out, there was water in.He dried the coil pack but it didn't work, engine wasn't still right so he put new coil pack and then all was good. So coil pack was replaced for new one in the garage later and car was driving smooth. Until yesterday, exactly 1 month after new coil pack was placed.Same thing happened, jumping,engine management light etc. RAC out again, run diagnostics, water in the coil pack again! This time 1st cylinder. And more water than on first time. Clear water. RAC said it's very common problem with Corsas, rain gets in.Is it really? Advised to park nose up, also suggested for new coil pack cover but I can't see any faults on current cover. Can't find how or why water gets in.I can see inside the bonnet water marks where drops have dried off but surely it's shouldn't get in to the coil pack? Any ideas, please? Thank you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi and thank you for reply. It's clear water and it's just lays there on the bottom. No steam, RAC said too,it's clear water. Forgot to add before that I drive about 16 miles per day for 4 days every week,in the city, 8 miles to work and 8 back. When I'm off work, then less. RAC thought that this might be the little issue too, I'm not driving long enough to get things ( sorry I'm saying "things" as my technical knowledge about car parts is near to zero but I'm learning :eek: ) hot enough to dry any water off. This time was quite an amount water in 1st cylinder, 2nd had a little bit, 3rd just seemed wet, no actual water, 4th dry. I always park at home driver side is on the road, passenger side is on pathway,so water obviously flows to the driver side as it's lower and 1st cylinder is on that side. Took RAC advise to park nose up (we're living top of the hill and before nose faced down always) to see if that makes any difference. But water shouldn't go in to the coil pack, no matter how you park or drive? Never had this problem with other cars.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Strange, i assume the water in the cooling system/header tank is not clear water....most likey a bit brown or green, so its either condensation, or water is getting i somewhere and running over the top of the engine, are all the bonnet rubber seals ok....its not condensation from air conditioning i guess...Fred.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, it's absolutely clear water. I have not checked the bonnet seals so thank you for pointing that out. Will do that. Also, the plastic cover on the coil pack, it comes off very easily, I know it's meant to be sliding but this one comes off just like that,no need to slide at all. We have Vauxhall Vectra too and cover on this is much tighter.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Yes mine slides off very easy...wonder if you getting a load of condensation and its collecting on the underside of the bonnet an dripping over the coils....its strange one, the brake servo seals sometimes leak and let a load of water on the drivers floor...from Fred.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You might be right about condensation! Been out and tried to reply on my phone but couldn't find reply button when on phone. I've checked bonnet seals,seems fine,no cracks, quite decent. As we have had quite chilly mornings lately, car windows been all wet at 5am. (Going work on that time :D) So could be this. Inside everything is dry. While I was out, got to talk to another Corsa owner and he has same problem so he put silver duct tape over the coil pack cover so water can't get inside the coil pack. Wise solution?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Yes might be an idea, to put something over it, i dont seem to get that trouble, if its dry in the car i would have thought be same under bonnet, condensation is strange stuff, if the engine is hot and allowed to cool down and the outside air is cool it might cause it....good luck anyway from Fred in Essex.

You might be right about condensation! Been out and tried to reply on my phone but couldn't find reply button when on phone. I've checked bonnet seals,seems fine,no cracks, quite decent. As we have had quite chilly mornings lately, car windows been all wet at 5am. (Going work on that time :D) So could be this. Inside everything is dry. While I was out, got to talk to another Corsa owner and he has same problem so he put silver duct tape over the coil pack cover so water can't get inside the coil pack. Wise solution?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you. :) I think I'm going to try tape the cover then, I assume it shouldn't be too hot there as coil pack cover is plastic, so duct tape should be fine hopefully. And hopefully parking nose up directs water away from coil pack too.:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Yes i know what you mean, you can but try it and hope it doesn't melt...might get hot and come off, just have to give it ago...Fred.

Thank you. :) I think I'm going to try tape the cover then, I assume it shouldn't be too hot there as coil pack cover is plastic, so duct tape should be fine hopefully. And hopefully parking nose up directs water away from coil pack too.:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi and thank you for accepting me in to the forum. :) I'm very new to Corsa. On 06/07/17 I bought Vauxhall Corsa Breeze 1.2 2008 through the finance from car dealer. One week later car started jumping when driving and engine management light went on,no power,engine misfire. Stopped the car, rang RAC out (Dealer gave me 6 months RAC breakdown warranty for parts with the car + 12 months RAC Silver warranty) but told if warranty doesn't cover some things they will pay. ). Diagnostics were done, coil pack, 3rd cylinder. When he took coil pack out, there was water in.He dried the coil pack but it didn't work, engine wasn't still right so he put new coil pack and then all was good. So coil pack was replaced for new one in the garage later and car was driving smooth. Until yesterday, exactly 1 month after new coil pack was placed.Same thing happened, jumping,engine management light etc. RAC out again, run diagnostics, water in the coil pack again! This time 1st cylinder. And more water than on first time. Clear water. RAC said it's very common problem with Corsas, rain gets in.Is it really? Advised to park nose up, also suggested for new coil pack cover but I can't see any faults on current cover. Can't find how or why water gets in.I can see inside the bonnet water marks where drops have dried off but surely it's shouldn't get in to the coil pack? Any ideas, please? Thank you.
I have exactly the same problem... Copy paste. Get your self a tork key, remove the coil, dry the spark plug and you can go. The problem is bad plastic on the top of the engine (cover). Or check the scatter panel where is the water leaking on the engine. It happened to us the other day again, month after the service.. New coil, new spark plugs.. Removed the coil as itt was misfireing and look 4 th spark plug covered with rust (brown) water...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, it's absolutely clear water. I have not checked the bonnet seals so thank you for pointing that out. Will do that. Also, the plastic cover on the coil pack, it comes off very easily, I know it's meant to be sliding but this one comes off just like that,no need to slide at all. We have Vauxhall Vectra too and cover on this is much tighter.
Very weird as ive got the same problem and a vauxhall vectra

1 - 13 of 13 Posts