All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Corsa C has water in both of my rear fog lights!
How do i drain the water?
How do i keep the water out?
What is the best way to remove the lights?
I also think that one of them is wired up and has a bulb in it, is this normal

Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
420 Posts
You need to remove the back bumper to get access to the lights.

To remove the bumper, you need a correct size torx bit to remove four screws at the top of the bumper (when the boot lid is open). Then there's some split pins on the underside of the bumper, and finally, four bolts where the wheel arches meet with the bumper/attach to the sheetmetal (you access them from inside the wheel arch). Then pull bumper away slightly and unplug wires.

Once you have the bumper off, you should be able to figure out how to get the lights out from the inside. They probably have some cheap rubber water jacket or plug covering the holes in them that did a crap job keeping them dry in the first place, so best bet is to remove that, shake them out, leave them somewhere warm to dry out completely, and then use a little silicone or polyurethane sealant (the same waterproof stuff to seal around kitchen and bathroom fixtures) on the openings before reinstalling the lights.

Also, yes, only the right hand side one has a bulb in it, this is the case in UK and Ireland. In the rest of Europe where cars drive on the other side, only the left hand side light has a bulb in it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also, yes, only the right hand side one has a bulb in it, this is the case in UK and Ireland. In the rest of Europe where cars drive on the other side, only the left hand side light has a bulb in it.
Can i wire a bulb up to the other side? Is it legal?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.