All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, first post of many i hope, but i need some advice on a popular problem with corsa C's.

I have a 2002 corsa C class life 1.0 with a leak in the front of the passenger foot well. The leak comes from under the glove compartment after its been raining, I cant determine much more about the leaks source as its pretty tricky to get much further under the compartment as you all know haha.

Basically I don't know where it is leaking in from although i have fully tested the windscreen for any leaks (using a hose and a second pair of eyes) and the water seems to collect somewhere first as the leaking only starts when i drive off from a stand still.

When i set off the collected water will gush in the passenger foot well briefly. then the rainwater slows to a constant trickle while driving, but almost stops completely when the car has stopped for a decent length of time, like when i park up. Clearly the forward motion of the car displaces the water from where it is being collected? Then when I set off again the cycle repeats.

Maybe this knowledge of the water collecting somewhere can help one of you determine where the source is and what i have to do to fix the problem? Because i am stumped on this haha.

Thanks for any help, I would really appreciate it :) and sorry for the essay haha.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I found this resposne.. Might be useful to you... (I have the same issue with my corsa sxi 05plate.. although the leak is coming from the driver side.. Check the following out:

Generally leaks like this are caused by a couple of things. One being rust around the front windscreen. If there is no visible sings of rust then it is unlikely to be that. The next is the windscreen seal itself. This will need the windscreen removed for a new seal to be applied. Most times windscreens are removed they end up cracking and as such a new one is generally needed. Another thing is the AC drain could be blocked, but seeing as you state it is only happening when its raining, this is an unlikely cause. The last place that I know has been a big problem with Corsas in the past is, as you said ,the brake pedal where it goes through the firewall. When it rains the water will continuously run down there off the windscreen. To fix this you will have to take it to a garage and have the booster removed and a new boot fitted.

Read more: Vauxhall CORSA SXI: WATER LEAKING INTO DRIVERS SIDE FOOTWELL - JustAnswer http://www.justanswer.com/uk-car/5w...king-drivers-side-footwell.html#ixzz1yjP6ALfD

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi everyone, first post of many i hope, but i need some advice on a popular problem with corsa C's.

I have a 2002 corsa C class life 1.0 with a leak in the front of the passenger foot well. The leak comes from under the glove compartment after its been raining, I cant determine much more about the leaks source as its pretty tricky to get much further under the compartment as you all know haha.

Basically I don't know where it is leaking in from although i have fully tested the windscreen for any leaks (using a hose and a second pair of eyes) and the water seems to collect somewhere first as the leaking only starts when i drive off from a stand still.

When i set off the collected water will gush in the passenger foot well briefly. then the rainwater slows to a constant trickle while driving, but almost stops completely when the car has stopped for a decent length of time, like when i park up. Clearly the forward motion of the car displaces the water from where it is being collected? Then when I set off again the cycle repeats.

Maybe this knowledge of the water collecting somewhere can help one of you determine where the source is and what i have to do to fix the problem? Because i am stumped on this haha.

Thanks for any help, I would really appreciate it :) and sorry for the essay haha.
Hi,my wifes 05 plate sxi had the same problem.I was told by my friend(who has worked for jct 600 for many many years),it is the body control module box lid,this is next to the battery on the passenger side right in the corner.I think there are 6 or 8 torx screws to take the lid off,underneeth the lid there will be like a polystyrene seal that goes round the inside of the lid,that will have gone.My friend says its a common problem with corsa c's.I paid I think it was £17 for one from jct vauxhall and it sorted the leak out no probs.I hope this helps you out,please let me know how you get on,thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi I have have had the same problem and just posted a thread after yours as I had to remove passenger seat and rip up the whole side of the passenger floor to the metal. Am sure its the BCM box but had to put the job on hold as it started to chuck it down as I had the car in bits.

Will be worth checking under your carpet as the grey carpet is rubber backed so keeps the water under wraps then you look closely and the soundproofing acts as a big sponge storing all the water, there was a lot of water in mine and had to ditch most of the flooring. You might be lucky and caught it early on, worth a look though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cured my problem again same thing it was the relay box next to the battery yes I took the battery plate out cleared the debris and popped the flap thing out washed and cleaned the whole area. then I took the relay box out not as nasty as it looks took out the lid by removing all the torx then took out the 3 visible bolts holding it to the bulk head removed the Module then released the 3 big wiring hook ups,they have a push release clip then the location lever on top pulls up and over releasing it from the multi plug do not be scared by the wires, I pushed 2 of the multi plugs in to the bulkhead then there is the mass of wireds from the engine they run the length of the box to the middle plug the wires come underneath and up through the center of the blocks but were the module was there is a pop up clip pull it right up then look in the module plugs there are 2 the one nearest the bulkhead slides towards the bulkhead only when the clip is right up as you slide it back it then drops down allowing the 2 sections of the plug base to part you will look and think simples. then the wires from the engine including the block base can be completely removed out of the way the other half again pushed in to the bulkhead then you see 1 more 10m bolt holding the box to the bulkhead and 1 near the entry to the box from the engine. the remainder of the box will have lots of water in it by the way. at the wing side of the box is a bunch of wires in sleeving you will find it is zip tied to the box that has to be snipped and it lifts out there was all sorts of debris under mine I cleaned that then looking at the part against the bulkhead I found the rubber gasket cleaned it and the whole box I also put a secondary bead of roof and gutter sealant next to the rubber before refitting it. the multi plugs went back easily but before I fitted the lid the seal a foam one was ringing wet so even though I had seen water track marks over the rubber seal I ran roofing sealant covering the foam seal completely then refitted the lid clamped it down with all the torx bolts (some were under the box in the debris) passenger side after torrential rain DRY now it is back to the driver side what a mission!!! by the way Box removal and re-fit about 6 hours allowing for breaks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The whole reason I just joined this forum is so I can ask this exact question! It's just happened with my 05 corsa comfort. Following this
Well if you have water in the passenger foot well I can honestly say mine is as dry as a bone roof and gutter sealant £1 from the local £1 shop, like I said the removal of the electric box on first look was scary but it was so easy and I was amazed how much water was still in it:shocked: The battery tray was harder as 1 of the bolts was a pig to undo but penetrating oil works well. Good Luck:thumbs_up:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.