All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 744 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Watts' Carabic Blue Half Way :)

Hey,

Right so i decided to make a project after seeing chez318's project and noticing he has exactly the same as mine :D So i though now is the time.

Right so far i havn't done much on the exterior of the car and all has been done by myself and brother sooo yup. Anyway.

Its a 1.2i 1995 in carabic blue i think!

Mods so far:
Rear Window Tint (Going to be redone professionaly)
Debadged rear
Flat Aero Wiper Blades (front and rear)
Lexus Style lights (removed)
Standard Tinted Rear Lights
LED Sidelights
Upgraded H4 Bulbs
Black to blacked bumpers
Mutant AMP + Sub in boot, plus 2 Infinity 6x9's also acting as sub :rolleyes:
Sony Xplodes in front
Tevion Headunit
Door Cards have been covered in black fabric (was like this when car arrived)
Cream calibra from leathers - for sale £50 lol
Tinted Standard Rears
Smoked Depo Headlights
Post 97 Front Smoothed Bumper
Badgleless Front Grill
Corsa Sport Spolier
Post 97 Rear Bumper, Colour Coded
Mudflaps

Planned Mods:
White Mutlispoke = 15" maybe.
Slam/Lower whole car ermm 40mm??

So anyway here are a few pictures, i'll try to get them in order and add a little description of what it shows.

How i got the car:

Seat Covers Added and Headunit:

Amp + Sub + Infinity's Added:

Ok then i went to prescott hill and saw three Bugatti Veyrons :D:D

Anyway back to subject, Then i went ahead and debadged the rear:

Some other random pics whilst i had the camera out:

Then i got some LED Sidelights and Upgraded headlights (The pics of all lights are sidelights only, some pictures look like the headlights are on but they arn't its just sidelights:
OLD

NEW

Then i set about trying to tint the rear side windows but i failed:

Ok then i decided well ill do the back window tint, this also failed but i have left it on because i cant be bothered to take it off:

My Car then kept on cutting out so got it fixed by buying my self a new fuel filter and getting a mechanic to do the lambda sensor and fuel injector (i dunno if the fuel filter worked but why not replace it anyway):

Then i got some Lexus kind of rear lights, don't have a clue what they are but i wanted a change and they popped up mega cheap price soo:

Then i took a few pictures a minute ago in the snow yet again:

Ok so thats the lot soo far, all views are welcome, i think the car looks really bad at the minute with the window tints making it look tacky :(

But its life i should of took more time over it shouldn't i :(

Cheers for reading!
X

Update: I got bored and did a photoshop which some on you may of seen before :L
<OLD><NEW>

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Know what you mean, i am tempted to tint my standards but dunno how really is it just tinting spray and lacquer ontop?

·
Registered
128 Posts
that ent to bad mate, it depends what you have in mind, go for it. for me with my car, i want to kinda keep it standard so i might just renew everything and drive it for aslong as i can. bigger mods will come in time, but probably no changes.

if you do get new bumpers, let me know i will take your current ones off you if theyre decent :D

·
Banned
2,443 Posts
i like it. i like the lights as theyre different. ill get them pics of my alloys to you too :)

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lights killed it..
Yup the lights are a much debateable [spelling] topic. Im not quite sure yet on them to be honest, i am going to tint my standard rears tomorrow well today as it's past midnight.

if you do get new bumpers, let me know i will take your current ones off you if theyre decent :D
Sweet, what the problem with yours at the moment then?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
!!!!UPDATE!!!!

I had a moment of thinking today and decided to tint my standard rear tail lights as i wasn't loving the other lights as much as i thought i was going to. Don't get me wrong they are a good set of lights and make your car look different. If anyone wants to offer me a price for them go ahead!

But yes i decided to tint my rear lights. so here a few picture and info from the update.

So first of all i went down to halfords and got my self some Foliatec Stop Light Tail Spraythis set me back quite a lot and was a bit more then i thought it was going to be to be honest with you, £14.99 :O:O:O

So anyway here goes, first of all i took a picture of my lights at the moment to give you an idea.

Then i set ahead and sprayed the tail lights (i layed newspaper down and was a good job that i did to be honest.

I had to wait about 10 mins inbetween each spraying session, but i like the end result.

Anywayyy, I then went ahead taking the rear lights off and putting the new ones:

Then i got my sister to put reverse lights on and sidelights for me and this is what it looked like.

Here are some before and after shots from other images put neatly together.

In all i like the final end product and i think it is deffo better then theose other lights that i had! Not because they didnt look good but it didnt suit me car as good as standards!

I havn't lacquered the lights yet i will be doing that tomorrow with mirror polish stuff probably.

Views please! :D:D

Thanks again

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
like the tinting, i would of done 1 or a couple more layers of tint to make it darker, get some more pics of when you laquer them and i might do mine, taking it, it is easy to do?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
easy as anything mate, I would do a tutorial if you want but i havn't got all the relevant images.

But all you got to do is, take off the lights, clean them with warm water, dry with lint free cloth, (Do this somewhere warm like a garage or in the sun so they dry quicker).
Then shake the can for about a minute, then do small sprays across from top to bottom then, the edges and then do a final vertical spray going across.

Leave for about 10 mins inbetween each as it dries darker.

I got a few more images of mine now.

starting to spit, thats why few spots on the lights.

And best image till last

The lights are getting better and better the darker it gets i think :D:D

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
yeah they do look nice, did you just need one can of tint, i might do mine this weekend, thehylook wel nice especially with the red light on the last one, think when/if i do mine i will mask over that red strip and not tint the red strip.
like so http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/corsa-b-tinte...14&_trkparms=72:1683|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

and when looking for a new boot i emailed a seller and he said the only blue made between 93-96 was mine but
http://www.allcorsa.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/smoothing-spoiler-15062.html
that looks more like your blue,
but i sent him a picture of mine and he said its the same, but it looks more like yours than mine, do you think its the picture or is the boot a different colour to mine.
project thread with pics = http://www.allcorsa.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/andy-macs-light-14582.html

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah they do look nice, did you just need one can of tint, i might do mine this weekend, thehylook wel nice especially with the red light on the last one, think when/if i do mine i will mask over that red strip and not tint the red strip.
like so http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/corsa-b-tinte...14&_trkparms=72:1683|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

and when looking for a new boot i emailed a seller and he said the only blue made between 93-96 was mine but
http://www.allcorsa.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/smoothing-spoiler-15062.html
that looks more like your blue,
but i sent him a picture of mine and he said its the same, but it looks more like yours than mine, do you think its the picture or is the boot a different colour to mine.
project thread with pics = http://www.allcorsa.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/andy-macs-light-14582.html
Looks like my colour that one, my car is cabibic blue Metallic, but that is strange.

For the tints i only used one can well there is a bit left but not much to do much more, probably get away with the side repeaters as well. The can does say it is for 2 lights so only one can is needed. It is worth the money i feel!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so now what do you guys think i should do next?? Or Redo

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sweet, what the problem with yours at the moment then?
they have been screwed on and been so cowboy'd its unbelievable lol, they messed up some off the sides off it and it sits lower than its suppose to, just want to neaten the car up really.

i like the lights mate, definately try and get some alloys if u can, makes such a big difference :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
they have been screwed on and been so cowboy'd its unbelievable lol, they messed up some off the sides off it and it sits lower than its suppose to, just want to neaten the car up really.

i like the lights mate, definately try and get some alloys if u can, makes such a big difference :thumbs_up:
Ahh right ok, well if i do get the new front i'll give you message right away mate.

What colour alloys do people think?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
you think?

Well saying that i saw this image on your project:
and i do think it looks good, not to keen on those alloys though.

1 - 20 of 744 Posts