All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my girlfriend is in the middle of doing her driving lessons - she's done about 15+ hours of official lessons and gone out once or twice in the corsa. She is thinking about doing a week intensive course now though instead of doing a lesson a week because the instructor is busy. She wanted me to check what you guys opinions were on the week intensive stuff and whethe anyone has had any experience of it?

Cheers

·
Registered
521 Posts
they are good if you have had lessons before but have very bad pass rate if you havent so if she has had 15 hours i would say go for it she should be fine

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I'd suggest changing instructors and just carrying on as normal.
That's what I did when my instructor was playing me about.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
iv been told that with the week things they dont teach u to drive, they just teach u the basics to pass the test, also you dont take things in as easily because your nackered from driving all day for a week, wich obviously most of ur do anyways, but if your new to driving even a 2 hour lesson can tire you out.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I remember my clutch foot being knackered after a 2 hour lesson when I first started. A week is a bit much... plus you fork out the ££ for something you may fail, there is no gaurentee that you'll pass.

·
Registered
393 Posts
i went with the fortnight intensive driving, did 2 hours so an hour before work and afterwards with my test at the end and it worked out pretty well, only got 1 minor :D

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Have to say I agree with Corsasi they dont teach you to drive just how to pass. However after 15 hours the week intensive might be alright

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Have to say I agree with Corsasi they dont teach you to drive just how to pass. However after 15 hours the week intensive might be alright
Mind you isnt that what normal instructors do anyway? coz we dont all drive with our hands in the 10 to 2 position do we!

But personally i would want my loved one to have as much road experience as poss before being given a license to drive alone.

Theres passing a test and then theres being safe! just my opinion ;)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Fair play to 1 minor mate, i'd go for the weeks intensive if you have already got 15hrs. experiance you should walk it......:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts