All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there. So, I've recently got my first car, it's an Opel Corsa 1.2 16V from 2002. I got 142k km on it, and it started doing weird noises recently. As I've read it should have a timing chain, and that shouldn't need a replacement, am i right? The weird noise is coming out only after a longer period of staying still, for example after 8 hours at work, it does weird noises. But, these noises are only loud while I'm staying with my engine running on neutral, when i move and warm it or something, it stops almost entirely and only a slight noise that's not normal is coming out. Also, when i opened the hood to listen closely to this sound, i noticed there are two sounds actually, one's coming from a belt that's on the side of the motor, on alternator, and the other is a little bit like rattling from inside the motor somewhere. What this could be? Should i get my chain checked, or even replaced? I would like to avoid replacement since that would be way too costy for the age of this car. Thanks so much for advice in advance! :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts