All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked the car up Friday afternoon, and after spending quite a while playing with the menu options (the car is a computer on 4 wheels), I drove it around for a while, didn't want to go home.

So far the car is brilliant - eons away from the Corsa B, but not a bad trade up :laugh:

Here's the first pictures.

J.

Attachments

·
15,023 Posts
It does a bit, but I got used to that very quickly. I have not, however, driven the car in full sunlight yet.

J.
The only thing that really lets them down, however like you said you do get used to it very quickly.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The only thing that really lets them down, however like you said you do get used to it very quickly.
You took the reference out of context - the "get used to it" was in reference to:-

Also does the dash reflect in the windscreen on the open version
The power steering is very light and (almost too) responsive. I'm not a great believer in power steering on small cars, but that's what this model comes with.

The turning circle is very different to the "B", especially in reverse, it pulls in much tighter than the "B".

The rear view mirrors are concave/convex unlike the flat mirrors on the "B", NOTHING is the distance away that you think it is, although the blindspot bit on the tip of the mirror is useful.

It is a MUCH bigger car, one sits much higher and there is a lot of car in front of the driving position.

The controls (switches) are both easier and more complicated than the "B", and there are more of them, in addition to that, there's a full blown "Menu" for all the emu and user settings. I'm going to be reading the User Manual for a while yet...

The suspension is hugely improved on the "B", one can still feel the road through the seat, but it's not quite the spine jarring experience that the "B" gives.

I'm still not conviced that the steering wheel is connected directly to the wheels, I'm sure that there's a bit of "fly-by-wire" going on in there and there's a computer telling the wheels how to behave....

Saying that, this is a very "grown up" car, I'm loving the fact that I now have "electronics" back, everything is electronic - switches, locks, windows, radio etc... I've missed that stuff since I last owned a Nova 1.6 gsi.

It is very comfortable drive, and there is more room in the car for stuff (like passengers/dogs/junk), the seats are very wrap-around and supporting, they are infinitely adjustable too.

A big plus is the split boot feature, there's a tray, that is supposed to be used for flattening out the tail for heavy things like sacks of feed, but I'm using it to put all the usual emergency stuff under the tray and I still have a full boot space for shopping etc :cool:

J.

·
15,023 Posts
You took the reference out of context - the "get used to it" was in reference to:-
How did I :confused: I was meaning the same thing you meant, unless there is a hidden meaning I am missing :p

The power steering is very light and (almost too) responsive. I'm not a great believer in power steering on small cars, but that's what this model comes with.

The turning circle is very different to the "B", especially in reverse, it pulls in much tighter than the "B".

The rear view mirrors are concave/convex unlike the flat mirrors on the "B", NOTHING is the distance away that you think it is, although the blindspot bit on the tip of the mirror is useful.

It is a MUCH bigger car, one sits much higher and there is a lot of car in front of the driving position.

The controls (switches) are both easier and more complicated than the "B", and there are more of them.

The suspension is hugely improved on the "B", one can still feel the road through the seat, but it's not quite the spine jarring experience that the "B" gives.

I'm still not conviced that the steering wheel is connected directly to the wheels, I'm sure that there's a bit of "fly-by-wire" going on in there and there's a computer telling the wheels how to behave....
The steering is meant to be light while driving slow and heavier when driving faster, since the car is aimed at older people and women (as the main target, not saying it is just for them).

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The steering is meant to be light while driving slow and heavier when driving faster, since the car is aimed at older people and women (as the main target, not saying it is just for them).
It's still too light for my taste even at speed, that's what I was trying to say.

J.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I really didn't like the styling on the "C" - I suspect that is why dearing5 doesn't like the "D".

It was the back end that got my goat on the "C" I don't like the tail lights up the supports like that...

J.

·
15,023 Posts
I know dearing has had a view points to say about the D already, but anyone who can look at the VXR and say it doesnt deserve a corsa badge should have a good reason.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's still too light for my taste even at speed, that's what I was trying to say.
ok fair point :thumbs_up:
Mind you, I'm not going to push the engine until at least the first oil change, after that, I'll find out if the steering really does get heavier at "speed" :shocked:

J.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Like I say though mate, get a tuning box fitted to it, you will notice alot of difference.
At the moment I'm easing it into running on biodiesel, I may look into tuning boxes later, although there is plenty of power there already. Off the turbo, the car behaves very like my 1.2 8v, but once the turbo kicks in, it has much more power than the 8v even though it's only a 1.3, it certainly zips up the mountain I have to climb every day without any fuss, whereas the 1.2 always had to drop a gear to get over the top. Acceleration at the top end is much better as well.

J.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts