All Corsa Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a passenger door for my corsa b and he assured me from e-mail that no scratches, damage so I bought over phone. Package arrives nxt day from TNT and I signed it as u do. All wrapped up still took it to local garage to get it fixed and recieved a call from garage saying they can't fit the door cos its buckled and worse state then the door I want replaced. So I was fuming cos I had proof from the salvage guy by e-mail that it would be clean and no damage. I e-mailed the guy again told him about the door and he said he can't give my money back cos I signed for it as good condition. What ******** how can you sign for something when its packaged up and weighs a ton plus the TNT guy has a job to get to. I paid £58.75 for this door and now I told him my rights under the sale of goods act and he's still not budging.

My local garage guy has been really lovely to me and he's managed to find another door in better condition for £45 and only charged £30 for fitting. I'm now going to take legal action against this Vauxhall Breaker for my money and compensation.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sent him e-mail today and gave him the Sale of Goods Act but still comes up with excuse with u signed the paper to say it was good condition

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did contact consumer direct but they gave me useless template to write to him and tell him about bloody ACT ffs i already know about that i just need legal action. Thanks guys for being really supportative ur the best :) xx

·
Registered
273 Posts
Say you'll send him a lovely hot dog as compensation for being a pain, then send him a fresh dog turd with a letter asking how he likes it.

That's what I'd do anyway. But then, I am the most intolerant person ever.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Westcoast Car Breakers

I also have a complaint about Westcoast Car Breakers of Units 1 & 2, South Forge, Off Garstang Road, Brock, Garstang, PR3 0RD. My 18 year old son sold a Ford Fiesta to Westcoast Car Breakers in November 2009. He rang them and over the telephone they agreed to pay £80.00 collected. The car was at my son's dad's premises so was collected from there. Neither my son or I where present when the car was collected. The collection driver arrived with a cheque pre written for the amount of £60.00. My son's dad accepted the cheque. When my son gave me the cheque to bank for him I asked why it was only £60.00. He said because they arrived with a pre made out cheque for £60.00 and dad accepted it. Has I been present I would have sent them off empty handed. This may have been a one off occurance or maybe people just accept lower cheques because it is to much hassle to complain and they just want rid of the car. However today, 10th December, I took the log book and key into Westcoast Breakers at their request and stated my disatisfaction at their conduct. They refused to pay the outstanding £20.00 as they said to much time had elapsed. I expressed my disatisfaction and held on to the log book and key.

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
Drewber your replying to a thread thats 2 years old lol! and as for Kate, keep the log book and keys, if you have no written proof that you sold it to then, tell the police they stole it lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.