All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Having found out my screeching alternator was fine....after breaking down with my 'new' alternator installed in rush hour traffic with no 'phone or money on me and later having my nephew give my SRi her first dent, I thought it surely can't get any worse and put it down to car ownership.

But it has gotten worse, I'm looking at a £200+ repair bill for what some pissed up twat did to my car tonight. The nearside back quarter has a massive dent in it and there are dents all over my nearside door. Apparently some idiot got kicked out of a club for being an arse I guess and laid into about 10 cars near the club, mine was saved 'til last and the Police had been rung before it happened. One of the bouncers cars (from the club) had his windows caned through and several others had mirrors kicked off etc. He had a right kicking from what I heard but you should see my nearside!:eek: Looks like someone has reversed into me :(

I was close to losing the plot the other day but I am feckin mortified tonight.....I'll post pics when I take them in the daylight later. Priority call to my sprayer later (whom I 'phoned regarding the little dent my nephew caused), I'll be taking her up to him on Wednesday with luck to see what the financial damage will be.

Reported it as criminal damage but the guy hasn't been arrested (yet anyway)...but I'm fearing it's coming out of my own pocket. Just before the baby is born and the MOT too.

FFS would be an understatement.

EDIT: The damage

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Oh my god that is bad. What a ***! I feel for you mate, I really do :( That dent in the quarter panel looks similar to the one I've got. You may be able to get the panel beaten out, so it goes back to the original shape.

Regarding that idiot who kicked ya car in, did the police catch him? If so, press charges and get back compensation for your repairs. I witnessed a bouncer's car being kicked in & the bouncer went to court and got compensation for a huge dent in his wing. The guy paid out for his repairs.

Hope you get it all sorted mate.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I hope he got his head kicked in :mad: If he's being a tw*t and gets himself kicked out of somewhere why the hell should he start taking it out on other peoples cars? It's things like this that put me off ever wanting to get a relatively expensive car, problem round here is they are under 16 so they would get away with it :mad: I feel for you mate, I know I'd be mortified if that happened to my car, and you've done more to yours and done the work yourself so I guess the effect is 10 times worse for you. Hope you get it sorted :)

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
More pics (sunlight)

Just took a few more pics since I'm seeing them as evidence of my repairs as well as before and after shots:

Large dent off in the light, as well as the dent below my doorhandle

One of the smaller rear quarter dents...look at the brown line waiver

The paint has cracked near the door recess

Finally, the first dent before this even happened that looks trivial now but I was going to get sorted out anyway. Next to my middle finger.

Rang my sprayer but he's in the middle of a big job atm and couldn't leave it so will be sending him some multimedia messages later. I reckon he'll be able to push the quarter out but will advise me to get a new passenger door and spray that....we'll see.

EDIT: As far as the Police thing goes....from what I understand, the club has had so much trouble lately that Police have been there all the time in recent weeks. Apparently, the bouncers were told to give him a good pasting BY the Police when he first kicked off. If I find this to be true, I'll be taking the matter further since had they locked him up in the first place, cars would have been spared. I'm getting a 'phonecall from the Police within the next couple of days and I have an incident number so fingers crossed they get him so I can claim it back. God forbid I ever find out who he is.....

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
What a ****ing wanker. There's no wonder he got kicked out of the club.
Is there any cctv of it? Also surely the police can arrest him for the criminal damage?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
On a side note Nick, how bloody shiney is your car?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
You could shave in it Lee ;) She hasn't been washed for a while either :laugh:

My poor baby :(

With regards to the getting him thing. I'm having a chat with my General Manager about retrieving any information/CCTV evidence from the club owner and or door staff based on the grounds that customers cars had been attacked. Hopefully, this will make them pull their finger out since the amount of trouble recently could end up with them losing their licence. They'll be more than co-operative I'm certain of that.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I've no doubt it will be restored to it's former glory?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I'm selling one of my PC's to be sure she does yeah mate.....the guy who sprayed my car has worked on a XJ220 that had been rolled so this will be simple for him :thumbs_up: Just hope the whole side doesn't have to be resprayed since that'll be what costs.

It'll come down to how fussy I want to be essentially....that said, he'll need to see her first, taking her up there on Wednesday (my next days off) so will know for sure when he examines it. My untrained eyes tell me that it is salvagable but bear in mind an L reg SRi Corsa book price and the money I've spent already.....

The dent should come out but I'm concerned about the metal crease...if heated beforehand I might be alright. I'm thinking sourcing a new door and spraying it will be the best option rather than pushing the dents out (there is a crack in the paint on the door too, not obvious in the pics). It's the paint job that I'll end up paying for....prolly looking at around £300 for the lot but it will be like nothing ever happened.

EDIT: Won't be Wednesday he's down in Devon for a week so looking like next Sunday before I can even get an estimate in but just sent some pics to him for a guesstimate...will know in a hour or so.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Blimey you have had a bad week and that is terrible damage, words fail me to be quite honest, I cant describe my feelings and anger if someone did that to my car - I feel angry for you and thinking about it :( hope you get it sorted.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Police have been great in all fairness to them. They rang me today to tell me that they have a suspect but have yet to arrest him. They are taking a statement from the bouncers at the club to positively identify him before they make an arrest. As far as I know he'd have to then be prosecuted and found guilty, at which point I can claim for compensation. Since the bouncers car was damaged too, he'll be looking for the conviction as much as any of the other car owners that had damage caused so just have to wait and see now. His little rampage should cost him dearly...let's hope so anyway.

Sent my sprayer the pics and he reckons (although not for sure) that it could come to £450 to restore her back to how she was :eek: :( It's money I just don't have right now so I need this conviction badly. Going to get a few estimates though and I want her repaired properly.

Spewing chunks everytime I look at her....:( :mad:

EDIT: Another interesting thing to point out. Under the Licensing Act 2003, one of the conditions is that a premises is granted the licence under conditions:

"It is a duty of all licensing authorities to carry out their functions under the Act with a view to promoting the four licensing objectives, which are:
The prevention of crime and disorder
Public safety
The prevention of public nuisance
The protection of children from harm"

Since my car was damaged away from the premises and the bouncer beat him up outside where I work (near my car), it could be that they have failed to meet this obligation. I'll be speaking to a solicitor regarding this issue since the club could be liable and/or may cough up if they feel a(nother) complaint may jeopardise their licence. It's a shrewd method but one they should have thought about before one of their bouncers moved the trouble away from their premises and nearer to my workplace and car. I could be on to something though.....anyone familiar with the Act or know a solicitor??

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I think it's a good thing to try, it gives you at least another glimmer of hope.
I'm sure most solicitors would be able to give you some good advice on if it is worth following up.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got a quote from another bodyshop for £400 and in his exact words "It'll be like nothing ever happened"...which is what I needed to hear. £50 less than my original sprayers estimate and local. My sprayer is away for a week but if I pop the car down to the other bloke on Wednesday, I can have her back Friday evening :rolleyes:

I'm still gutted though, MOT and baby looming...just didn't need this.

I spoke to the bouncers at the club tonight and I get the idea that one of them is flapping about retalitory legal action for assaulting the bloke who did all the damage. He seems alright but that doesn't help my cause. On my days off this week, I think I'll chat to a solicitor about where I stand in all this. I actually found out the suspects name tonight also, but that's for the Police to sort out.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Keep us updated Nick. Hopefully the twat will get what he deserves.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just been on the 'phone to the Old Bill and they have confirmed the name I gave them as the suspect so we have our man waiting to be picked up :D

Problem is this though need to get him found guilty and we have at least 4 witnesses that saw him near my car. If he doesn't have the means to pay all up front (which let's be fair, he would probably conceal anyway), I'll prolly end up getting 2p cheques for the next 20 years :thumbdown: Just want the twat to be brought to justice tbh, maybe he'll think twice before doing something as low again.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts