1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
521 Posts
to be honest your better off going for a toad or clifford alarm an spending a little more
clifford alarm gives you alot more options aswell. The fob has a button so you can wire a solonoid up to your boot if you have smoothed it so you can press the button to open the boot. Also will give a slight reduction in insurance if its a cat one.

·
Registered
521 Posts
even a cat 2 will give a little reduction i have a toad alarm an you can wire up a boot solenoid an remote start to it i have got all the sensors as well an i had central locking fitted an that was only 350 so if ya dont want all the sensors an special options like proximity sensor it would be alot cheaper an if ya already have central locking that will make it alot cheaper

·
Banned
521 Posts
you can get a clifford for £150 or £250 fitted i think. Ill check when i go home, site is blocked from college.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Do a search over google or similar and check out how people rate it, but for a cat 1 alarm/immobilser that is really cheap.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Bear in mind for it to be classed as a Cat 1 it needs installing by a certified installer.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
clifford just quoted me £390 for alarm fitted not sure witch 1 and then £70 per door for central locking why av i got a 5dr.:laugh:

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I have a clifford concept 600 (Cat 1) on mine and it cost me £330 fitted.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I've got the Toad AI606 installed and a Dual Zone Microwave Sensor (£105 for alarm, £50 for Sensor) and my brother installed it for me so I chucked him £50 for the work. £205 fitted and it chirps away anyone that comes near her, if they don't go away she lets rip :thumbs_up:

My brother wired it in so well that tbh, I don't think I'll bother removing it if I ever sold the car on....too much hassle ;)

Highly recommended alarm. I'm sure if you're not too far away and chucked my brother a £50 he'd install the alarm for you. He's got the Vauxhall installing down to a fine art!

·
Registered
801 Posts
Bear in mind for it to be classed as a Cat 1 it needs installing by a certified installer.
Yep, and it has to have a something or other stamp, not just a normal ink stamp. As I found out when I got my cat1 fitted to the starlet :(

·
Registered
901 Posts
See with these alarms , like sky's and the clifford alarams , it only needs a noisey exhaust like mine to go passed and it sets them off ! They is a lad at work that has a cat 1 alarm in his pug rallye and everytime i come into car park and go passed his car his alarm is going off . I find it quite funny personally :p

·
Registered
521 Posts
that depends how sensitive you set the shock sensor i have a toad alaarm with all the trimings an it dont go off all the time i would recomend having it profesionaly installed an also the catagory mainly refers to the imoboliser cat 3 is steering wheel locks but only a few are an they are well pricey an most insurance company's dont take them into consideration so not really worth the extra cash an the difference between cat 2 an 1 is 1 hs to have battery back up so it cant be effected by cutting wires i have the same alarm as you sky top notch alarm highly rate it

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
I got a quote of £210 to suppy and fit the toad AI606 to my old sport. Just ring around can get good prices

1 - 20 of 21 Posts