Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya... this is my 1st post, been reading lots lol
Basically i wanna do up my 3 dr corsa B a bit... not alot, just make it look better bcos its a bit **** atm!

Basciallys its ur normal crappy lil corsa.. no add-ons or anything, apart from kenwood music system prev owner put in.

So what can i do to it that wont affect my insurance? cos i'm skint! Can sort engine out etc when i'm a more exp driver etc as this is my 1st car.

Want to get hold of a spolier and dark lexus style lights if any cheap enough come on ebay!

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Yeh GSI spoiler is a good idea, but its hard to suggest things as you say your skint, black lexus lights are nice and cheap, colour code the bumpers that would also make the car look much better, if you cant afford alloys get some decent looking hubs caps as well, just try not to make it look tacky and chavvy as normally people with small budgets will end up doing so. Another cheap good mod is to drill you airbox, gives a nice induction noise to it and might ever so slightly increase throttle response

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Hello Emz

You dont need lots of money to make your car look mint, firstly keep it nice and shiny and if your not confident enough to spray your bumpers and arches then just get some back to black and you wont believe the difference :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks guys! Well i'm not skint.. but i don't have alot of money to spare... poor student here :( tho hoping to get a new job to get that sorted!!

Shall try back to black... i've brought LED's to change the dash lights etc to blue because my stereo lights up blue and so it'll all match. Anyone got a spoiler for sale? Can get mates dad to respray Lol

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Two surefire mods that will set it off nicely. Get some 15" or 16" alloys, and lower it. Will make the car look so much better.

·
Registered
901 Posts
For a start i would get those bumpers and trims sorted they are abit grey! , i would get some alloys 17's look better on a corsa personally . lower it . that would start it off good then get your spoiler ... exhaust system , do abit inside . cd player etc .

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Hello Emz

You dont need lots of money to make your car look mint, firstly keep it nice and shiny and if your not confident enough to spray your bumpers and arches then just get some back to black and you wont believe the difference :thumbs_up:
I did my arches and bumpers myself. I could do the job for you if you want! :)

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
NO NO NO 17's do not look better on a corsa! do some back to black, but i would leave it and just save for some 15 or 16" wheels an then lower it!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
polish the car up as that colours really nice when all gleaming, back to black the plastics, clear siderepeaters, nice set of 15" wheels, maybe lower 40/60m and a wee back box

d

·
Registered
901 Posts
Oooooooooooh yes they do! :p
i no :S 17's look loads better on a corsa... if you lower your corsa with 17's on it looks loads better than lowering it with 15 or 16's on :S

plus ... low pro's don't look right on 15's and 16's they look like buggie wheels

·
Registered
901 Posts
Na i dont agree with that . 17's and lowered about 35-40 mm looks better the back wheel and the front are just above the arch looks loads better .

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Na i dont agree with that . 17's and lowered about 35-40 mm looks better the back wheel and the front are just above the arch looks loads better .
I totally agree Chads i love the way mine look.... but i can see that 15's are the perfect preportion and look "right".....but i like that mine look bigspecially when their shiny :D

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
17 inch rims are impractical and personally would suit large body kits cars, although saying that yes laura and chads, your cars look very tasty! And before you say anything i have owned 17inch wheels which were on mine!

id say 15inch because they will b cheaper, easier to fit and you would be able to lower it with little or no hassle

This is if you have to money to buy a set of wheels :)

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
17's are crap! and you dont even have the power to back them up! i wouldnt put 17's on mine even if it was a 2.0, slows it down like way too much

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.