All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I need to clean my Vectra wheels before sending them off to the body shop to get refurbed but the muck on them is baked on, everything I have tried either does nothing or does very little.

This is the sort of dirt that is on them...

I have tried;

> Detergent and water using a scouring pad, which only got rid of the surface dirt
> White spirit using a scouring pad which moved some but hardly any
> Point blank pressure washing, which did absolutely f**k all
> Soaking them in carb cleaner which moved some of it but not all of it
> Brake cleaner which, again, did nothing
> Brasso metal polish, worked on my rocker cover at removing dirt but not on the wheels

Has anyone got any advice on what I can use to get this stuff off with?

Regards, Dan :)

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Do you really need to clean that side of the alloy? I've never done when refurbing alloys cause it never shows when they're fitted. You could try some alloy wheel cleaner?

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you really need to clean that side of the alloy? I've never done when refurbing alloys cause it never shows when they're fitted. You could try some alloy wheel cleaner?
Bodyshop are doing a full respray on them, and i was thinking about the wheel cleaner stuff but wasnt sure if it would be strong enough

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Did mine at the weekend with bilberry wheel cleaner and came up lovely. Spray plenty on and let it soak then use a tough cloth and scrub then pressure wash off. Should leave them pretty good. After that, if there are small specs which wont come off then try claying using detailing clay. That should leave them smooth as glass.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.