All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, im new 2 this forum.

I have a 1.2 8v corsa and it has 104,000 miles on the clock. im savin at the moment for another car when this one goes bust. How much miles do these cars generally do before the head gasket goes??

And i was thinkin of gettin a fiesta 1.25 16v.Im very much still a vauxhall man but for the price,performance and reliability of the fiestas i cant match cus the reliability of my corsa is A+++ but the peerformance is ****.I mean 0-60 in 11 sec from a 1.25. mines rated at 17secs!!
Are the fiestas any good or should i consider somthin else??im on a tight budget 2k max and im only 17. 18 in Feb and 1 year no claims in feb.
Anyway, all the help will b appreciated

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Got the perfect car for you, a corsa b 1.2sxi.
They have all the mod cons, ie electric windows, mirrors, central locking etc. Sports seats which are really comfy, power steering. And to top it all they are very nippy for 1.2's.
The first time I drove one I didn't believe it was a 1.2, they are a far cry from the 1.2 8v's.

In a nutshell they are basically a corsa sport with a 1.2 16v engine in.
Highly recommended from me and you will be able to pick up a mint condition one with full service history for under £2000 easily.

Almost forgot to mention aswell, the car you currently have will last as long as you like, so long as you keep it well maintained.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Yep... i agree with lee my 1.2sxi 16v ecotec is really nippy for what it is . my mate has a 1.4 sport corsa and i beat him 0-60 but when my car gets into 4th and 5th its not as good decent still but nothing special

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ye that 1.2 16v sounds pretty gud.i jst looked n its much cheaper than i 1.25 fiesta and just £20 more than my 1.2 8v. Iv always been a vauxhall man.ever since ma dad got a caviler gsi with recaro sport seats and alloys wen i was about 4.lol.
now the corsa vxr is due 2 come out, I WANT IT BAD!!!

·
Registered
393 Posts
And i was thinkin of gettin a fiesta 1.25 16v.
my recommendation? NOOOOOO!!!!!!!! DONT'T DO IT!!!!!
the fuel economy on the 1.25's are absolutely abysmal, christ the 1.6 zetec's get better mpg and tank ranges, not to mention better performance to boot!

lee's right about the one you've got, they're pretty bullet-proof if they're looked after and are pretty forgiving tuning-wise, plus cheap and easy to repair if it does go wrong. head gaskets go roughly between 80-110 thousand miles, but are very straightforward to do, anybody armed with a haynes manual and some tools can do one on a morning, they are that easy!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
o ryte.i dint know that. so Deathscythe, would you recommend a corsa sport 1.2 16v??

About the reliability thing of my car, i brought it with 92,000 on the clock. It had full service history up until 58,000 mile and i serviced it at 100,000 mile.im guna servce it every year from now on. iv seen some head gaskets go at around 130,000 but ive seen some make it to over 160,000. i hope mine lasts a while longer

·
Registered
901 Posts
the ford fiesta 1.25 . are not quick at all . my mate has a orange one "was his big bros" . When i drove it wasnt as quick as the 1.216vecotec and when he drove mine he said it wasnt as quick either . i would either get a corsa or a pug106 rallye 1.6 they are fooking quick :)

·
Registered
393 Posts
you've got 2 options really, keep the corsa and save your money up to buy a newer car (1.2sxi is a good choice btw) or an engine transplant (which is cheaper). if you do decide to go the engine swap route, most of the 8'v engines should be fairly straightforward to drop into it, with the 1.8 and 2.0 being slightly more involved as they need the chassis rails strengthening.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
o ryte.i dint know that. so Deathscythe, would you recommend a corsa sport 1.2 16v??
You've got a bit confused there. There isn't actually a 1.2 sport, it's a 1.2 sxi, but they are practically the same as a sport all but the engine.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Stick with Vauxhall, you know you want to :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Yea stick with vauxhall matey!

·
Registered
585 Posts
You've posted pics of a lovely Corsa that is already yours!

If I were you I'd keep it....no doubt about that...looks mint. Drop a C16XE or, if you can find a decent one, a C16SE in that car and then mod it.

Engine conversion
Headlight Mod
Spoiler
Sideskirts
Alloys
Suspension
Strut braces

That'd be an even nicer motor than it is now.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I'd personally still advise a 1.2 sxi over the corsa you currently have though, you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
o ryte.thanx 4 all the replies. Ye mines alrite.i ent really inta all the conversions.id rathers get a new car.Guna be stickin wiv vauxhalls tho. My dads got a 2.2 omega and it goes like s**** off a shovel!!
what better between the 1.2 sxi and a corsa 1.5 td??cus the td has better performance so says parkers.co.uk

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Corsa 1.2 sxi without a doubt.
I don't think the corsa 1.5td has all the added extras that the corsa 1.2 sxi has.
Not only that but it's a dirty diesel.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts