All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys!

ok. i aint lived at home for years when i was 15 i found out the person who i thought was my dad wasnt my real dad. it killed me for years but i never treated him any different but a few months later when my parents split up i had to go with my mum i needed her i was young to this day i find myself still feeling guilty bout it. from that day to this my dad as treated my different. on his wedding day i never got a mention but his new wifes daughter did i felt like a plum cos everyone looked at me!!! he never calls me or comes to see me but he goes to my brothers houses, he has my kids once a year at christmas. anyway cutting a long story short its my 25th birthday tomorrow and i have just got a call from him saying he was sending a card in the post and then came the cherry on top, so not only am i not going to see him he is sending a card in the post and the cherry is i should be grateful cos he is so considerate to be sending it by post so i dont have to go up there!!! he is a cop out and he as made me sooooooo sad and mad at that comment today!!!! please tell me guys am i just being stupid or is that really a **** thing to do??? any advice please :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
yeah what lol, maybe he realised he needs to sort something out with you, starting with sending you a card?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ye i should be grateful to him!!! is it me or is he right??? a card aint gunna put right all the things he said and done!! he made me feel like he sending it in the post so he dont have to see me!!!! im raging right now!!! what should i do???

·
Registered
60 Posts
i would send the card back if it was me with a message saying this all you got???by saying you should be grateful thats its in the post and you dont have to go up there to get is harsh he should be pleased you would be happy to go and get it and see him.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
I dont know the full details, but was it a bad break up and who broke up with who. If your mam split up with him maybe he resents you abit.
Maybe he just feels like he doesnt know how to talk to you any more, and feels that since you aint his daughter (by blood) that maybe he doesnt know how to relate to you. I think maybe the best thing to do would actually be to talk to him, it may be hard but just say something along the lines of him being your father since he was the one there for you and you feel your relationship with each other has become seperated recently and life is to short to lose people and you would like to rebuild what you had. Dont expect to much at first though.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont know the full details, but was it a bad break up and who broke up with who. If your mam split up with him maybe he resents you abit.
Maybe he just feels like he doesnt know how to talk to you any more, and feels that since you aint his daughter (by blood) that maybe he doesnt know how to relate to you. I think maybe the best thing to do would actually be to talk to him, it may be hard but just say something along the lines of him being your father since he was the one there for you and you feel your relationship with each other has become seperated recently and life is to short to lose people and you would like to rebuild what you had. Dont expect to much at first though.
hi that is sound advice but that ship sailed many years ago!!! he has a new family and his wifes daughter i think cos she is younger then me he feels he can pt right where he went wrong with me!!! which makes me feel like he aint proud of the woman i have become, my 3 brothers have all been in trouble with the police, drugs and crazy stuff but he still goes out of his way to see them and they live further away from him then i do, i have been in a relationship 4 12 years got 2 gorgeous kids and work full time i have no vices other then i swear a lot.... its sad but im about given up to be honest. i should have told him to piss off when he let his father in law say that his wifes daughter was the 'family' daughter at his wedding i have never been so humiliated in my life, i spent an hour crying in the toilets!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
If you have his number call him & have a good discussion with him about how you feel. He obviously has been thinking about you & loves you obviously like a blood-related daughter. It appears that you also like/love him a lot too as you wouldn't be raising the issue & asking for help.
I think a nice long chat with him would sort things, good luck to you :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
224 Posts
im sorry corsachick that you feel this way and can understand what you are going through and the advice you have been given is all sound. i would probably send him a thankyou card for his bday card with a little comment on the bottom stating something along the lines of "thankyou of thinking of me on my special day lets keep in touch and not be strangers". as you have said you have no vices and a wonderful family so chin up girl and if he doesnt keep in touch it is his loss not yours darling.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts