All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a generally ICE convo :) what do you think of FLi audio? A friend of mine bought their 12inch Active trap deal. proper bargain! had to carry the bloody thing over a mile, lol, the quality looks good, havent heard it yet though, i think its a good looking package to. Anyone own anything of their range? What do you reckon?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
FLi is a part of the company that produce VIBE i use all vibe but the fli stuffs got the same quality but it can be a bit cheaper, same with alpine and infinity

d

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats a good thing then same quality cheaper prices, theyve just released a headunit now as well. They colour of they subs packages match pretty well to the corsa's parcel shelf and boot, well try and get photo sometime

·
Registered
447 Posts
Yer FLI is a VIBE product.

VIBE (vented innovative bass enclosures) just use average subs, in the perfectly tuned box make the sub sound much better than it actally is lol. they have cylinder ports, sqaure ports and bandpass enclosures i think.

ported enclosures are more about SPL (volume) and not really SQ (sound quality) So these VIBE subs are great for volume. but lack punch (to a certain degree) as the sub doesnt have an air cushion in the box to bounce off. in theory if you had the same sub- one in a sealed box, and one in a ported box, the ported one could sound up to TWICE as loud, just because the sub is moving air, and the port is also moving the same amount of air.

VIBE then wanted to cover the SQ area of the market aswel. However, if they just made a sealed box, they couldnt call it VIBE. as the V stands for VENTED... So, along came their new range, FLI.

basically its vibe stuff in a sealed box. The box is sealed to the subs optimum volume, but you wont be getting the volume of VIBE. you will however get better SQ in the form of a more responsive beat. which i think is better anyway lol.

Its still budget stuff, and for the price you cant really go wrong. Especially the ACTIVE range, which has the amp included with the box. So all you need are the wires.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm interestin stuff! although they are actually ported, the active box has a port in the rear of the box. I wonder what theyre speaker range is like though?

·
Registered
447 Posts
is that not just cooling for the amp? i heard that the amps where actually inside the boxes, instead of on top like the VIBE gear. very strange. The problem with sealed boxes, is you can run the risk of cooking your sub. with ported, spider n basket etc and designed to push air through the voice coils on beats. with a seled box, the hot air cant escape? ive never actually seen a FLI sub in person. am i missing out lol.

I've heard good things about there speaker range. although there amps (monoblocks in particular) seem to be very generous with there values.....

you heard vibe speakers?

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats a very good point, iv never really thought of that maybe they have coolings fans on the ampsi dont know?

Its too large for a cooling vent, its a proper port, the amp is half mounted inside and out with a heatsink on the outside, the amps on these things are tiny! The whole package looks very neat and tidy, good quality stuff gold plated RCA outputs and power terminals. I really want to see how it performs, i shall hopefully get some pictures tommorrow, yeah think your missing out ;) lol.

The only VIBE speakers iv heard are their Q-bass 6x9s, which were actaully quite impressive. I would strictly use them for bass though.

·
Registered
447 Posts
yer are these the ones with the in line cross over? in that little black box in each speaker? They defo do pack a punch from what i remember, high power handling figures too!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts