All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this Saxo VTS spoiler of ebay not knowing that it was designed to have a break ligth in it unfortunalty the guy didnt say and he took a crap pic of it. So I purchased a caravan breaklight which kind of fitted in the hole with a bit of persuasion, Fiberglass & filler and this is it so far. Please give me your opinions ?

Im gonna get another GSI spoiler as I dont wanna mess mine up just incase it looks ****. But I will have to wait and see when it has been sprayed.

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o98/stewart29992000/

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Looks good. It's a good little modification you've added there. I like it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Lee will see what it looks like with a coat of primer on it. I need another GSI Spoiler now so I can work on bonding them together.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Make sure you get a genuine gsi spoiler though as the replicas are a bit chunky and a really rubbish fit.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Shudda just kept it standard mate, but good luck!

·
Registered
390 Posts
look good stewart, am sure ur bro will come in very handy here :cool: ;)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yeah I just wanted a basic VTR Spoiler but thats what came when i won the ebay bid.
Its not a genuine Citroen product as they dont make them with the break light, already took it to a Citroen dealer to get a light and they have never seen one like this before so I thought id have a play and see what it turned out like. If im not happy with it ill flog it on ebay its only cost me £20 so far for light & spoiler so havent lost much. pluss its unique. I post another pic once its completed.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well me and my mate finally got the spoiler project finihsed and ive just dropped my car off at the body shop so hopefully will have it back tomorrow so will get pics up.

next few jobs

fit my gte upgraded brakes

fit lowering springs that I got off mark330d

get new jacking covers from vaux and get gsi skirts put on.

Im looking for a front bumper but not sure which one. I like the look of the vectra style one but not sure what would people recommend ?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Im looking for a front bumper but not sure which one. I like the look of the vectra style one but not sure what would people recommend ?
You'll need something that matches up well with the gsi sideskirts.
The Vectra style bumper is really nice but it hangs way lower than the skirts do so it doesn't look right.
The ideal style of bumper you may want to consider is a vauxhall type one.
Eg. Gsi, Airdam, Irmscher splitter onto post97 bumper, possibly even a reiger.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I got my car back from the body shop today and it has to go back next week as the paint didnt cure properly so it dosent look to good at the mo I will get some pics up later so you can see what i mean. The guy sprayed it two times and it still didnt work so it needs flatting off and doing again :(

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I hope they aren't charging any extra for it!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Aye thats what I thought Lee he said it was £50 for spraying and fitting and then he said bring it back and I thought he meant another £50 but hes not charging as its his problem shame it has to be on the car in that state lol its tiger sealed and bolted on now so no chance of getting it off. Will just have to wait till wed now and hope it goes ok.

What makes it not cure properly ? it looks likes its pealing and bubbled up.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Bad preperation IIRC.
Although don't take my word on it as I'm no expert.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Lack of heat may cause that effect....when my car was being done, the heating was almost always on and he was using a heat gun on certain parts like my scuttle panel and roof rails.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts