All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this another sayin for drillig the airbox? Or something totally different? What are the Advantages/Disadvantages of doing it?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
No it's completely different to drilling the airbox. All it involves is removing two restrictive pipes that are attached to the inside of the airbox. I found personally that it doesn't seem to do anything but some people claim it does.
One bloke reckons he gained 1.5-3bhp on his corsa gsi, but it is very highly tuned.
It's such a simple and easy mod that it's worth doing just on the off chance that it might give some gains for you.
See the tutorial.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
had a look at my box whilst drilling it an it aint got non of those tubes an bits in it.duno y.

·
Registered
393 Posts
different airboxes for most of the range, theres a fair few different types ive seen, mines got an air valve in mine to take heat from the exhaust manifold if the intake air is too cold, but all thats been skipped anyway lol.

·
Registered
497 Posts
had a look at my box whilst drilling it an it aint got non of those tubes an bits in it.duno y.
I just posted about this in another thread. My old corsa didn't have any of the pipes (1.2 8v), maybe only the 16v engines have the restriction?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts