All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys thought i would ask a question for a change, does anyone know what the Multi Timer on a Vauxhall Corsa does, it seems a it of a mystery box, i have seen on other makes of cars a thing called a Multi Function Unit, and all that is, is a box full of relays, instead of having a load of separate ones scattered about, i was wondering if this was that same, just a box of small relays, although it is a marked in the Haynes Manual as a Transistorized Box, but that could just be Haynes for you...it seems like the battery /ignition warning light is routed through it, and it does have a load of lives going to it and an earth....but you know what Haynes diagrams are like, it isn't too bad but it prob has a lot more wires going to it than it lists there...i believe it is the module that is under the cover next to the battery, the cover that is held down with about 7 torq crews, big module in there, has anyone taken one to pieces?...so any comments welcome on that one....from Fred in Essex.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well i have had a look in the Haynes manual, the Manual has several different circuits in, like charging and air conditioning etc etc...and yes the Multi Timer seems to be connected to nearly every system on the car, i wonder why it has to be, even i think the washers and horn etc....and all the wiring colours are different, so it must have a ton of wires on, seems by previous mails its loaded with semi conductors and most likely small relays...its used on the engine management as well, in a lot of cases it seems to be connected to the control side of relays...especially the ignition ones....from Fred

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.