All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well as you know i crashed my car and was looking for another corsa 3dr but jus got so bored of looking. I then realised that there are a few corsa 5drs on here and i read the whole of dearings tutorial and loved the end result (just so different) and thought maybe ill give it ago. My mum has a mint condition 5dr corsa in blue with only 32000 miles on it at x reg :eek:

now i know she hasnt ragged it lol so it would be a gd buy, as my parents bought my car they have said that they will just get the money back from the insurance company and the car will be mine. so was wondering what you guys think. will try and get a pic up.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Good base to start with.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeh think i will do

will be nice to be bit different for a change. already got a few plans for it but was wondering how much heavier is it than a 3 dr and is it mechanically the same as a 3 dr e.g. wheel offset and springs/dampers?

definatley getting sum ronal turbos on it. dunno whether to go for 16" and 40mm drop or 15" and 60 mm drop! what ya rekon?

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
16's an 60mm! 5drs are the same as 3 for parts etc, there sllightly longer an i suppose heavier but not much.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
would i have to mod my arches at all on a 60 mm drop dont really want to do anythin drastic on this car. anyone got any pics of a 60mm drop?

what offset do i have to get for the wheels?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I think it's 45-49 but i'm not sure so someone will corect me!

Mine are 45 and they look like they will fit under 60mm max drop. depends on your tyres too i reckon.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeh im defo going for it and hopefully insured on it by the end of nxt week.

problem deciding what wheels to go for tho because personally i would like too try 16" ronal turbos with a 40mm drop. But i have been told 15" (and even 14" ) with a 60 mm drop would look better

i think the 16's will look better due to it being a bigger acr and may balance the looks out a bit better than it just sitting over 15's if you see what i mean

anyway anyone any ideas on the subject?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts