All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im moving home soon and by soon i mean this week..new flat hhas bare concrete floors previous carpets and anything are gone..

we were thinking of laminate because its cheap but i have been looking about and carpets seem just as cheap.. im a bit confused as i dont know how much im going o need and hat will work out cheaper/better if i was just going for cheap we would just leave the concrete lol.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Concrete will be cold and it's also hard. Carpets can be cheap however the expense comes from the underlay and fitting, however this will be much better to raise a child in.

Laminate could be laid on top and will be cheaper however this will be cold (heating bills will be higher) and also not great for a little one

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Get a cheap carpet with half decent underlay.

Reactions: hoppydan

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Have you been given money to do this? If so what's the budget?

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Doubt it tbh. You havnt proven very good at DIY in the past

Reactions: hoppydan

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Is the room square, or loads of random shapes fire places chimney breast etc to go around

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
just read and apaaretly i could get an interst free budgeting loan of £100-£1500 from social fund if im claiming benifits on the day i apply .. start job on monday. can only apply by post (i think)

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Is it a council place mate?

If so, I'm fairly sure if they've moved you, you normally get money to sort shut like this out, especially if you have a child on concrete floors. IMO that isn't safe

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is it a council place mate?

If so, I'm fairly sure if they've moved you, you normally get money to sort shut like this out, especially if you have a child on concrete floors. IMO that isn't safe
yeah council place .. i think there was comunity care grant but they dont do them anymore .. ill apply for this budgeting thing and talk to council.. because like yoyu say baby that falls down atleast 10 times a day + concrete floor will probably= hospital

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.